logitech z-5500's hooked up to xbox 360?
Aug 11, 2008 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
i was wondering how you do this. I ordered a pair earlier...was wondering how i hook up my 360 to em so sound comes out of them instead of the tv. i searched google a bit..but to be honest a little confused on a some of the talk on other boards explaining how to do so. if anyone can help out..it would be much appreciated thanks.

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 11
One of the methods is to use an optical cable from the xbox 360 to the z-5500. I dont remember if there are settings you need to do on the xbox side (I'd assume there's something to do in system settings...something to choose for surround). On the z5500, just hit input til it goes to optical. (might be called toslink/spdif).

Might be a bit of an oversimplification, been awhile since I've had a 360+logitech z5500's around.

Aug 11, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cuenca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I buy mine mostly from monoprice.com, go take a look at it.

awesome..thanks just ordered one from there...way cheaper than what i was looking at online. best buy and radio shack were like charging $60 for them. i was like where are the real cheap ones lol

Aug 11, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awesome..thanks just ordered one from there...way cheaper than what i was looking at online. best buy and radio shack were like charging $60 for them. i was like where are the real cheap ones lol

no prob man, glad i could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back