LOL? SMH? (rather old) MDR-V700DJ review
Feb 16, 2011 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lurkumaural

1000+ Head-Fier
Entertainment purposes only, I guess...

I was googling K 581 and saw this website: WANT: Sony MDR-V700DJ

Quote:
And yes, I do think these silver-colored ones look better than the MDR-V500DJ headphones, which are black. But if it came down to it, I would take the black ones over these $700 Sony monstrosities!

...some people.

deadhorse.gif
I know...  but it gave me LOLz and SMHz.  <--- (Is that ShmegaHertz?)

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
For DJing purposes the SA5ks are useless, so he's not all wrong.

A thoughtful reply sir.

Conversely, I've always felt that the V700DJ were great for live uses, but tend to reserve this conditional praise because I see these cans get hated on quick here.  I've seen a couple of posts insisting that they're not useless as DJ tools (mirroring my own opinion), but I'm pretty sure those posts have gone unanswered.

The general tone of the article was rather myopic, as those about this product tend to be, and I found that to be rather sad and yet funny.  And as of the publish date of 2007, surely there were a great many viable options for decent DJ monitors.

In other news, I took my 700s for a walk two weeks ago.  Hated it.  I should have a fat roll of SPC coming in soon (for other applications; don't all starting yelling at once), so naturally I'm curious about clearing up the SQ on these.  Anyone try this yet?  (I tried searching.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back