Looking for a good pair of headphones ( over ear) for outside use !
Mar 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spenny91

New Head-Fier
Hey my name is Spencer Gorman I am looking for a good pair of headphones around 200-500$ I bought a pair of sennheiser hd 558s I absolutely love them. I have a hearing loss in my right ear and I just got a hearing aid so I cant use my earbuds anymore. As much as I would love to use the sennheiser’s outside it’s just not practical due to the open back design. I had bought a pair dre beats pro’s for outside use but they are close to my hearing aid and cause a horrible screeching noise ( hearing aid is like a mic when held it makes screeching noise) so i took them back for a refund.

So basically I’m looking to see if you know of a pair of over the head headphones that aren't too close to my ear but i can still use outside !
I was interested in  AKG K702 65th Anniversary Limited Edition Headphone

or the sennheiser hd 650

thank you for your time

also i know the senns are open ended but im still considering them. Any input would be great thanks

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 5
Heya,

Those are all open air headphones; not going to work 'outside' very well.

I would suggest you get a deep cup closed back headphone. And keep it inexpensive and low impedance so that you're not having to carry around an external portable amplifier.

Suggestions:

Mr Speakers Mad Dog with Alpha Pads
Ultrasone PRO 750
Brainwavz HM5
Denon D600
AKG K550
AudioTechnica A900X
Nuforce HP800

Very best,

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
ok ill check those out how are the AKG K550 i was thinking of buying from razordogaudio.com  hes selling them for 299 is that a good price? 

You can get them for the same price on amazon. 
Quote:
Heya,

Those are all open air headphones; not going to work 'outside' very well.

I would suggest you get a deep cup closed back headphone. And keep it inexpensive and low impedance so that you're not having to carry around an external portable amplifier.

Suggestions:

Mr Speakers Mad Dog with Alpha Pads
Ultrasone PRO 750
Brainwavz HM5
Denon D600
AKG K550
AudioTechnica A900X
Nuforce HP800

Very best,

+1. The Mad Dogs, k550 and brainwavz hm5 are awesome. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 5
Ok I'm really considering the k550/551 I only have one more question do the headphones sit on the ear or completely over it?

Because of my hearing aid if something sits ontop of it my hearing aid screech's. the dre beats pros caused it to screech, where as my hd 558's do not

Also is the only difference between the 550/551 is the cable length/type

Users who are viewing this thread

Back