Looking for a new IEM
Jul 15, 2020 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lunatic21

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I'm looking to replace my IEMs. I've gone through a pair of nuforce IEM and the Shure425s and Shure 535s. I liked them both to be honest, but Shures sound isolating and noise cancelling was the best thing I've experienced, along with the design that allowed you to fall asleep with them in as they sat flush with my ears.I have considered investing in the custom fit Westone series but it seems like overkill for my needs as I for the most part just listen to music on spotify using my phone as the source. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. I listen to a lot of acoustic renditions and violin based music so my target range are mids and highs.

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 3
What is your budget and where do you intend to use them?

For a technical and analytical presentation you could check out the Sony IER-M7, for a smoother and more emotional presentation the JVC FDX1 is great with violins. It has a really engaging presentation and great timbre, maybe needs a little tip rolling to get a good fit and seal, and the lower mids are a touch lean, so not the best for chello music.

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #3 of 3
What is your budget and where do you intend to use them?

For a technical and analytical presentation you could check out the Sony IER-M7, for a smoother and more emotional presentation the JVC FDX1 is great with violins. It has a really engaging presentation and great timbre, maybe needs a little tip rolling to get a good fit and seal, and the lower mids are a touch lean, so not the best for chello music.

Hello, thanks for replying! I plan on using them at work and if they stay in well on jogs. I'm willing to spend up to $700 but don't need to probably spend that much, but I'll consider any recommendations. It would be nice if they had an option for a Bluetooth mic cord or wired mic cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back