Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's
Oct 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cc2096

Head-Fier
So let me start off with saying that I am just getting back into Head-Fi after a 6 year hiatus, so I have no idea what is good these days. I picked up a pair of ATH-M50's from Sound Professionals with the detachable coiled cable, and I love them. I am using them with a Fiiio E17 (portable through Macbook Air USB or iPhone 5 headphone out, at home USB through E09K/E17), and the sound is amazing. My previous setup was a pair of DT 770/80ohm through a Zhaolu 1.3 DAC & a Little Dot II amp, and honestly my new setup totally kills my old IMO. So what I am looking for is a pair of IEM's that I can use through my portable setup in place of the M50's (great cans, but they are a bit big to be truly portable). I don't really have reqs other than under $200 (preferably under $150 but I'm willing to stretch for a really good set) and NO BEATS. I listened to my friends Tours and I really do not like them at all, so definitely want to steer away from Beats. Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Was this thread here while you were active? http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-257-iems-compared-hisoundaudio-wooduo-2-added-10-10-12. If not, definitely warrants a look.

I guess the TF10s are slightly close to the M50s. Not sure about anything else. Do they have to be similar sounding to the M50s? Because the PFE122, GR07, and DBA-02 would have been pretty safe bets.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 3
Not a direct match, as I am sure it's technically impossible to match an IEM to a closed can sonically, but close to it would be nice. I like the sound staging of the M50's and really love the deep bass that I am getting with them. I listen to mostly Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop, Dance/Club/Trance and R&B if that helps. I'll definitely check out that thread, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back