Looking for CIEM recommendation in 1500 range
Nov 21, 2023 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sendclowns

New Head-Fier
Long time listener, first time caller…

As the title suggests, I’m looking to get my first ciem (for listening, not stage use) and would love to take advantage of Black Friday sales if possible. I’m not a bass head, so looking for the best soundstage for primarily jazz/edm/classical styles of music.

I’d originally planned on one of the ue ears (18? Live?), but then read on here that jh audio (13v2 or 16v2) may be better for the money.

Any recommendations welcome even if it’s something completely different!

Thank you!

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #2 of 2
I won't recommend UE Ears 18+ AT ALL for your need. 18+ can be regarded as a pure stage monitor, not to enjoy casual music. Live is a whole different story of UE product line, it's more towards a balanced purpose. I still don't recommend because in that price range, there are more proper choice for casual. And you can get Live from DROP at almost half price (about one month ago, ended, so bad luck to you). DROP's price may come back if you wait patiently.
I regard if you are looking for a good one with value/price ratio, check Thieaudio Prestige (LTD or not depending on your treble preference). If you look for good vocal, check CA lastest Andromeda, which is not that vocal-focused than previous versions, but more balanced. They are both mid-focused, suitable for your type of music, and not bassy. Can't comment on JH audio as I never tried them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back