looking for earbuds
Sep 10, 2007 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

necropimp

Headphoneus Supremus
i'm looking to upgrade my earbuds... been using the rebranded sennheisers that came with my flash player but i've been wanting something better for my "grab and go" setup (i have iems but taking the time to insert them and the use of an amp defeats the concept of "grab and go" an my ex-71s which manage to work for the "grab and go" concept i've grown tired of.. i can make them sound nice with a little work of the EQ but that significantly cuts battery life on my player... i also can't find them)

i'm trying to keep the price as close to $50-60 as possible and i've been looking at these

Sep 10, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 6
For grab and go I'd recommend canal phones vs. earbuds (that's my personal preference -- I can't stand things falling out of my ears) ... something like the Crossroads Mylarones for around $60 or the value-priced Creative EP630s at around $30. The Crossroads get good reviews here on Head-Fi (the regular version has a plastic body and the XB -- bassier -- version has a metal body); the Creatives are a slight improvement on the Sonys you've lost (plus they have symmetrical "Y" cords that won't peel away).

For less money, JVC has the new Marshmallow "2" version coming out. Whatever you get, enjoy your music while you're on the go.

Sep 10, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 6
how do the pk3s compare to the 888s? i read a quick comparison of the pk2s and the 888s but didn't see anything about how the pk3s compare

Sep 10, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do the pk3s compare to the 888s? i read a quick comparison of the pk2s and the 888s but didn't see anything about how the pk3s compare

I've never tried the E888, but the PK3 is basically a bassier, less refined version of the PK2.

I am similar to you in that I prefer buds over canalphones for grab 'n go because of their easy insertion/removal. I had the PK2 (and PK1), but I ended up going with the low-end PK3 since the environments that I use them in don't allow me to appreciate the higher fidelity of its older siblings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back