Looking for Headphones Under $300
Nov 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Xcuz

New Head-Fier

Okay, so at the moment I own the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I love them, they have great sound quality and distinct bass and they only took $120 out of my pocket. However, sometimes the highs seem a bit too intense and I feel like I'm missing out on some bass.

What I'd really prefer are over the ear headphones with a good amount of bass, nice range of sound, and great quality. I mostly listen to chill electronic music and dubstep. Oh, and they need to be portable. So, pretty much anything under $300 that is better than the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
Okay, so at the moment I own the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I love them, they have great sound quality and distinct bass and they only took $120 out of my pocket. However, sometimes the highs seem a bit too intense and I feel like I'm missing out on some bass.

What I'd really prefer are over the ear headphones with a good amount of bass, nice range of sound, and great quality. I mostly listen to chill electronic music and dubstep. Oh, and they need to be portable. So, pretty much anything under $300 that is better than the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's.

What DAC and headphone amplifier are you using?
Or what source(s) do you plug headphones into?

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 12
Used Denon AH-D2000.

May 21, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 12
If you like more laid back back still detailed highs with a ton of sub bass, Sennheiser HD380 Pro can't be beat. Open boxes are available for quite a bargain price at Amazon warehouse deals.
Solid mids and neutral sound signature and very comfortable despite the initial clamp. Holds large ears without issues. I wear them on my drive home from work with windows open and they isolate wind noises well, which made me switch to them from the wireless ANC Momentum 2s.

May 21, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #10 of 12
For the genre you listen to, V-Moda M100 would be right up your alley. If you want wireless, an extra $30 will get you their wireless V2.

May 21, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #11 of 12
I would keep a look out for a used pair of Sony Z7 in the forums. They pop up every so often for around $300 !
Kind of got suckered into to this post, I did not realize it was from 2012 until I made a response, oh well !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back