Looking for help on new cans for DJing (Techno, Dubstep, Progressive) Opinions on AH XD2-53
Sep 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

YakAttack

New Head-Fier
Using Sennheiser HD 25-1 right now with a Numark N4, but going to be investing some money into the newer 4Trak with an F1 Kontrol and Midi Fighter 3D.  I can't afford nice toys like the CDJ2000Nexus and DJM900 so this will have to do.  Need a nice over the ear DJ can that excels in performance, comfort, and durability.

The XD2-53's were recommended to me by a sales guy at Guitar Center, but want your opinion.  Are those good to start off with?  I know studio DJing at home is different than doing gigs (I'm going to start off doing local back yard parties and stuff like that) so I want to know what to look for when getting cans that are made for live DJing.

So far I know that driver, isolation, comfort, and sound reproduction are important, but have heard either you want something that defines the bass line or the kick to effectively beat match your songs.  I mainly do Techno, Dubstep, and Progressive, so wanting to know what you think.  I know it does vary depending on the user and music, but overall, are the XD2-53's good with what I'm going to be doing or are there other options better suited for DJs?

Budget is anywhere from $200 to $350 (the higher level would be for something outstanding)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back