Looking for new cans
Aug 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sowexly

New Head-Fier
I had to sell my Ultrasone 900 Pros because of college but I now have enough to buy them again, I was wondering if there is anything on the market with a similar signature.
I can try to explain what I loved about them but I'm not sure I will word it right.

The low bass was detailed and thick it took me to another place while I was listening and it put a smile on my face, I miss that quite a bit.
I'm currently using some HD 595s and I do love them (so comfy!) but I think I'm just a closed back kind of guy. I also love in-ear buds/IEMs I've never had custom shelled ones but I dream about trying them someday.

But I digress, fellow HeadFi members do you have any recommended phones with a similar signature?
NOTE: I don't have a budget exactly I can wait a while but I would rather jump on something in the $250-500 range can be used too.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 5
Wow ! Can't really say for sure...Pro 900s have a different taste to them...awesome cans.

But maybe, just maybe... the new VMODA M100 (Sept Release) or the new Denon D400s may, just may...satisfy you...

This is just a guess...I haven't tried any, but they are suppose to be pleasing on the lows....

Cheerz!

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 5
If you liked them, then there's not much better until you spend a pile of money. The closest signature phones are the Denon 5000/7000. Read up on those for fun, but I'd stick with the 900's since you liked them so much.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 5
I keep wanting to try the HD 650 because people talk about them so much I feel like I'm missing something do you think the Xonar STX is enough to get solid sound out of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back