Looking for new cans!
May 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

James Haywire

New Head-Fier
Hey all. Long time member who hasn't been around for a number of years. Ended up completely forgetting my old username and pass. I think the last time I posted here, we had a different president. o_O

Anyway, I'm in the market for some new cans, and wanted the expert advice. I currently have Grado SR225's (not i version), and Beyer DT770 Pro (the 80 ohms), and was looking for something the compliment both cans, and fill in where the others lack. When I last was around here, the Senn HD650 were highly regarded headphones, and I felt that they might be a good "bridge the gap" type of phone between my Grados and Beyers. Is this a correct thought? Also, in the numerous years, I'm sure other cans around that price point have come out that might be even better.

For my home setup, I run a PCDP to a Little Dot I+. For music, I absolutely love rock and metal, but also listen to a lot of symphonic metal, which includes keyboards, choirs, and sometimes full orchestras. I'm looking for something that will not only render the guitars well, but do justice to the strings and keys.

My price point is around $300, though I'm willing to go a little higher. Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back