Looking for new portable headphones for metal listening
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

ryan2196

100+ Head-Fier
After months of searching around and posting a couple of threads, I have narrowed my search. I am trying to decide between the sennheiser amperiors, and the vmoda m100. I want headphones that you cant hear the distortion on guitars and the vocals. Basically, i don't want headphones that will lose parts of the music to overwhelming bass. Also, i want headphones with good isolation. Portability is also an issue, as i will be taking these to high school. Durability is important, but should be good on both because they are both made of metal. I will be using this with my 4 gen Ipod.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 39
Quote:
After months of searching around and posting a couple of threads, I have narrowed my search. I am trying to decide between the sennheiser amperiors, and the vmoda m100. I want headphones that you cant hear the distortion on guitars and the vocals. Basically, i don't want headphones that will lose parts of the music to overwhelming bass. Also, i want headphones with good isolation. Portability is also an issue, as i will be taking these to high school. Durability is important, but should be good on both because they are both made of metal. I will be using this with my 4 gen Ipod.

Durability wise, m100 is indestructible. However, they don't isolate as much as momentum. Both have similar portability.

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:
Well I'm gonna be wearing them on the bus so I do need good isolation. Do you know any carrying cases I could buy to put them in?

Amperiors? Just put them in a bag pack. All the parts are very strong and user replaceable. But if you really want one, you can get a small pouch like this: http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Drawstring-Headphones-Sennheiser-Skullycandy/dp/B008Y92PS4/ref=sr_1_46?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370818596&sr=1-46

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 39
Amperiors? Just put them in a bag pack. All the parts are very strong and user replaceable. But if you really want one, you can get a small pouch like this: http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Drawstring-Headphones-Sennheiser-Skullycandy/dp/B008Y92PS4/ref=sr_1_46?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370818596&sr=1-46

I meant more of a hard shell because I carry a lot of books in my backpack and am worried that they could crush them. I know that part of it is metal but not all metal.

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:
I meant more of a hard shell because I carry a lot of books in my backpack and am worried that they could crush them. I know that part of it is metal but not all metal.

Well, pretty much every part of the headphone is user replaceable: hinge, headband and cable. But a case like this would work: http://www.amazon.com/Gator-Cases-Recorder-Recorders-Accessories/dp/B002OHDJPK/ref=sr_1_6?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1370821560&sr=1-6&keywords=headphone+case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back