Looking for over the ear closed back headphones for DJing any recommendations?
Jul 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

heedfull

New Head-Fier
Looking to get some over the ear closed back headphones to use whilst DJing. Decided on over the ear as currently have some on the ear bluetooth headphone that I use with my phone when out and about, but find them quite uncomfortable. The over the ear should give some better isolation when cueing music.

The most important thing for me is that the are durable and last. I've lost count of the number of headphones I've gone through by where one ear has gone. Replaceable cable is a must (not too expensive to replace either!).

Not looking to spend too much, but no afraid to invest invest if I can see the value.

Any adivce or recommendations greatly received.

Thanks

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Have a look at the Sony MDR-7506 or MDR-V6. Back when I was DJ'ing I had the Sony MDR-V700DJ (twice), Pioneer HDJ1000 and Sony MDR-7509. Both pairs of V700DJs broke in the swivel and the HDJ1000s lost sound in one of the earcups. MDR-7509 was okay but kind of muddy in the bass, which wasn't the best for beatmixing. I prefer the 7506 over them all and it's the only headphone of the above that I've kept (haven't had the V6 but it should almost be similar to the 7506).

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 6
I recommend you have a look at Ultrasone DJ1 Pro.  My friend has actually DJ'd with my Ultrasone DJ1 cans on multiple occasions and he loves them.  The Pro have a higher impedance and a detachable cable.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 6
+1 For Ultrasone - Pro 750 / Pro 900 / DJ1 ... 

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #5 of 6
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II :: the gold standard, from DJing to portable to monitoring to listening it does it all. and it's indestructible. not quite circumaural but it's very comfortable, especially with the pleather pads. i would highly recommend you try it out. it might be the last set of closed cans you will have to buy.

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II :: the gold standard, from DJing to portable to monitoring to listening it does it all. and it's indestructible. not quite circumaural but it's very comfortable, especially with the pleather pads. i would highly recommend you try it out. it might be the last set of closed cans you will have to buy.

Can't agree more! Own the first generation. Superb cans for dj:ing and great sound quality to boot. Own the Sony MDR-7506 aswell but they are much bulkier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back