Looking for quick advice about Pro 990 250Ohm.
Mar 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 12
Cant speak for the other two, but the dt990 sound right up your ally.  The only thing you may not like about it is the high treble.  I mostly use the dt990/250 for movies and gaming because of that.  As for an amp, whats your budget?

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 12
In that case, probably get the e10 since it's an amp/dac in one.  I would say the e9, but it's only an amp.

Try doing a little reasearch on this topic, there are a lot of threads like this that you can find by simply searching google.

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 12
Thank you for the quick replies by the way I appreciate the feedback. I had finally decided on the DT 990's after doing some more research after someone recommended the 770's/880's and really thought i'd get an open headphone. 

My big thing with Amp/DAC's is just not understanding as much about it as I should so I agree, I should do some more research lol. One last question, the E10 with have adequte power to push the 250 Ohm's right? Im looking over specifications and reviews (Now im thinking about the E17 as well as its just a tad over my budget but includes capabilites to use S/PDIF interface) and see according to Fiio's website E10's recommended impedeance is between 10-150 Ohms. 

Looking at the e10 specs now.  Definitely not ideal, though some may disagree.  Perhaps you'd be better off with a more powerful amp like the Magni and just holding off on a dac for now.  The sound of the dt990 properly amped without a dac will sound better than it poorly amped with a dac.  The magni will power them just fine. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 12
Seems like there is actually a lot of different agreements/disagreements on whats adequete for power for the 990's from a quick google search. Ugh. 

Your gonna get all kinds of opinions here, haha.  Trust me, I lurked around the forums for 2 years before making my account.  It's always better to try things out yourself.  Reading other people opinion will only get you so far.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 12
Hope you enjoy your setup 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back