Looking for some headphones. Any recommendations my fellow head-fiers?
Jul 1, 2011 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dreamLRG

Head-Fier
So after returning my cruddy beats solo hds.. dont ask why i bought them in the first place. Ive been looking for some headphones and due to my lack of knowledge in audiophilia accessories, would you guys recommend me any? Headphones that have a decent bass response, are stylish and more importantly some headphones that i could wear 3+ hours without any discomfort, both tonal and physical?

THanks guys, and recommendations are appreciated

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
So after returning my cruddy beats solo hds.. dont ask why i bought them in the first place. Ive been looking for some headphones and due to my lack of knowledge in audiophilia accessories, would you guys recommend me any? Headphones that have a decent bass response, are stylish and more importantly some headphones that i could wear 3+ hours without any discomfort, both tonal and physical?

THanks guys, and recommendations are appreciated

Heya,

Need a budget from you. Also, give us tips on what style you consider to be good. Ultrasone stylish? AKG stylish? Take a look at different makes and see what really strikes you.

Also, consider:

Where will you use the headphones mostly? (Think about having open-back headphones compared to closed-back headphones, do you want to hear everything around you and everyone around you hear you?)
What purpose will the headphones serve? (At home only? Portable?)
Music tastes? Frequency tastes? (You mentioned you like decent bass response, but does that mean you want gobs of head shaking bass or do you just want the headphone to be able to play low frequencies?)
Are you willing to get an amplifier (portable, or stationary)? Or would you prefer to not have an amplifier?

Not knowing any of that, I'm going to say: FiiO E11 with a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's

You can use that portable. It's closed back. Amazing bass quality (and quantity!) with great frequency response outside of the lows too. Cups swivel and folds. Stylish and sleek. Quite comfortable, but doesn't just fall off your head either. Eats the Beats' lunch.

Very best,
atsmile.gif

Jul 1, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Yea i did some research and i think im gonna go with the Audio Technica ATH-M50. BUt im gonna replace the pleather pads with the beyerdynamic dt 250 velour pads. The ultrasone pro 900s do look nice but there 50 over my budge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back