Looking for some new IEMs
Sep 17, 2010 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

markrl

New Head-Fier

[size=medium]
I currently have some UE metrofi 220's, which since i got Comply tips have been okay. I am in the market for some new IEMs as the cable has gotten quite buggered up on these. I really like bass. I listen to mainly trance, house, drum and bass, essentially most electronic music that has some bass to it, but also to the likes of Zero 7 and Sia. My most ideal sound signature would be similar a d&b j-series... :p I haven't listened to any headphones that I have really liked, but I haven't listened to many headphones. While I like bass, I also really like vocals, so would love a good midrange. The treble I am not particularly interested in, but it must be decent. Isolation isn't too important for me, what I have now with the Comply's is pretty good, I could deal with a bit worse for the sake of sound quality though. Comfort is a bit higher of a priority, but I would like to be able to sleep with them in without waking up to a dull pain in my ears, as well as not experience discomfort in usual use. The build quality is important, the metrofi's are breaking, and I would like something better. And last but not least I will be using these with an ipod classic or my laptop (Thinkpad) primarily, no headphone amp or anything, maybe sometime later, but I would like them to sound good without one.

The IE8's have caught my fancy, except for their isolation, and so have those DBA-02's, although I'm not sure about their bass. The Klipsch Custom-3's also look quite good.. But, I have gotten quite confused looking at all these reviews, so I'm not sure about any of these..

So, what do you think I should buy?
Thanks in advance
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back