Looking for sport headphones
Jun 18, 2018 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Omega139

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm currently using Bose soundsport wired earbuds that I feel sound great. The thing is, I was looking for something that would give a better fit and would slip less.

I was looking at the Sennheiser CX sport, and it seems promising. However, I was wondering if wireless bluetooth audio resulted in a loss of audio fidelity.

Moreover, are there any companies that make custom sport IEM's? I'd be willing to spend up to 350$ for a nice set of quality sport earbuds.

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 11
For wireless, the music quality depends on how the earphone decodes and amplifies the digital signal from the phone. Besides decoding and amplifying, the codec used is very important too. aptX onward will be desired. I think you can consider SOUL Run Free Pro HD. It uses Knowles balanced armature driver and the battery life is one of the longest. The fitting will be the issue. You really have to try it before getting it because the size is not small.

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 11
For wireless, the music quality depends on how the earphone decodes and amplifies the digital signal from the phone. Besides decoding and amplifying, the codec used is very important too. aptX onward will be desired. I think you can consider SOUL Run Free Pro HD. It uses Knowles balanced armature driver and the battery life is one of the longest. The fitting will be the issue. You really have to try it before getting it because the size is not small.

Thanks for the input. I’ve read some reviews and they stated that the SOUL is bass heavy. I thought I should add that I listen to metal music, so I wanted something with a more pronounced mid and upper range. That is exactly why I love my bose soundsports.

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 11
Hmmmm so far for most of the sports earphone that I tried, they are bass heavy except Jaybird X3 which is more neutral. I do not have the chance to try Sennheiser CX Sports yet in Singapore.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 11
Hmmmm so far for most of the sports earphone that I tried, they are bass heavy except Jaybird X3 which is more neutral. I do not have the chance to try Sennheiser CX Sports yet in Singapore.

I appreciate the input my dude. Right now, I’m between the bose sound sport wireless and the sennheiser cx sport

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #6 of 11
I have fitting issue with sound sport wireless so I don't really like them. I have to admit that I am bias against Bose because I really do not like the sound signature. I might have the chance to try CX sport this week and hopefully I can give you some insights :)

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #7 of 11
I have fitting issue with sound sport wireless so I don't really like them. I have to admit that I am bias against Bose because I really do not like the sound signature. I might have the chance to try CX sport this week and hopefully I can give you some insights :)

Awesome, do keep me posted!

What kind of fit issues specifically did you have with the bose? Also, you’re talking about the sound sport wireless right? Not the wireless free.

I’m a runner and I sweat a lot, so I need something that won’t slip

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 11
Hey guys,

I'm currently using Bose soundsport wired earbuds that I feel sound great. The thing is, I was looking for something that would give a better fit and would slip less.

I was looking at the Sennheiser CX sport, and it seems promising. However, I was wondering if wireless bluetooth audio resulted in a loss of audio fidelity.

Moreover, are there any companies that make custom sport IEM's? I'd be willing to spend up to 350$ for a nice set of quality sport earbuds.
Runner also. I have had older versions of Senn PMX & OCX. Fit is OK and they didn't slip, but very bass-shy. As in none. Ultimately one pair broke (might have been my fault) and one pair stopped working (sweat). Now I have Plantronics Backbeat Fit bluetooth. Form factor is similar to PMX, strap around the back of the head and bud-style instead of in-ear so you can hear your surroundings. Sound is miles better than the Senns, with some bass present but slightly recessed because of being buds, and relatively neutral elsewhere. Bluetooth might be a compromise, but honestly, out on the road you're not gonna notice with the ambient noise. Fit very secure, and have been using them for 2+ years now with no problem. You can find them at most Costcos as well as the usual online vendors.

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 11
Awesome, do keep me posted!

What kind of fit issues specifically did you have with the bose? Also, you’re talking about the sound sport wireless right? Not the wireless free.

I’m a runner and I sweat a lot, so I need something that won’t slip
Yeap wireless not the true wireless version. The earphone just does not sit well in my ear so I gave up on it.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 11
Sound is miles better than the Senns, with some bass present but slightly recessed because of being buds, and relatively neutral elsewhere. Bluetooth might be a compromise, but honestly, out on the road you're not gonna notice with the ambient noise.

I appreciate the input. You mean it sounds better than the Sennheiser CX sport?

Also, could you please clarify that you mean by "Bluetooth might be a compromise"?

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #11 of 11
I appreciate the input. You mean it sounds better than the Sennheiser CX sport?

Also, could you please clarify that you mean by "Bluetooth might be a compromise"?
I have not had the CX Sport, but I believe that whole Senn Sport series has similar sound.
Any wireless technology adds encoding/decoding to the signal path compared to wire. Whether you can hear it or not in the quietest environment is debatable. In my opinion, it is inaudible outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back