Looking for the most balanced detailed Sony IEM's.
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kevms89

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so I got my xb90's, loving them, the bass and soundstage is so awesome, with that being said I want the opposite as well, I know people recommend the ex600/7500/1000 line but they are expensive and I am not looking for that type of fit, there is the re400 but I kinda wanna stay sony, any recommendations?

PS: I have the xba30, its great but not as balanced as I want, I want nuetral sounding.

I cannot afford the ex1000 so that is out of the question.

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 15
Have you read any impressions? I see there is one with a mic which is great, not to mention they look really cool.

yeah, seems like a more compact and clearer version, with a little less base (still above neutral) than xb90ex. should be pretty good, I was quite intrigued by them for some time...  now that I think though, maybe the ex650 won't be more balanced compared to xba30.... maybe you should just get something from another brand? :D

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 15
Yea I heard they might be bassy as well, perhaps another brand is the way to go, I had the re400 but returned them immediatly because I was not too impressed with the SQ, perhaps I jumped the gun too soon though, maybe I should give them another chance.

The ex600 is an option but the size and way its worn Im not too sure of, want something a little more compact.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 15
Yea I heard they might be bassy as well, perhaps another brand is the way to go, I had the re400 but returned them immediatly because I was not too impressed with the SQ, perhaps I jumped the gun too soon though, maybe I should give them another chance.

The ex600 is an option but the size and way its worn Im not too sure of, want something a little more compact.

hmm, maybe you should try going with a Knowles TWFK based dual BA iems, something like rockit r 50, or brainwavz b2. they are said to be analytical and neutral.
I'm also in the same shoes as you - want to try something different from the xb90ex. koss ksc75 proved to be quite a good variant, though it doesn't isolate as it is a clip on. wanted to get rockit r50 for the same reasons as you, but couldn't get them from lendmeurears when they where on sale... always had my eyes on Audio Technica im02, but they are always 190-200 which is a bit above my budget...

oh, you could also get the vsonic gr07 classic. it should be pretty different from xb90ex and costs 100$

p.s. looks like the rockit r50 are still on sale on lendmeurears for 104 with free shipping...

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #8 of 15
Hmm any non over ear suggestions? I like the regular in ear fit.

I am leaning toward the re400 but a part of me wants to keep my 30 lol

they are saying lot's of good things about zero audio doppios. they can be had for about 160-ish from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GPB59EA/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1405160120&sr=8-1&keywords=zero+audio+doppio&condition=new

the very first seller seems ok... Dsnuts and some other people on discovery thread still love them so they must be real deal :D

are you sure you won't miss the sub-base frequencies of the xb90ex though? :D I sure miss some low extension on my koss phones :D

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #9 of 15
I thought about it and I think I may go with the ex600, I am sure I will get over the fit, just takes some getting used to.

The 600 seems to be what I really want, balanced with a large soundstage and good bass, the xb90's are pretty awesome but I an sure the 600 are really good.

If anything i can get a cheaper model for street use as well, I have been wanting the ex600/1000 for a long time, might as well bite the bullet. I will miss my xba30 though, very solid iem.

Jul 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #10 of 15
I thought about it and I think I may go with the ex600, I am sure I will get over the fit, just takes some getting used to.

The 600 seems to be what I really want, balanced with a large soundstage and good bass, the xb90's are pretty awesome but I an sure the 600 are really good.

If anything i can get a cheaper model for street use as well, I have been wanting the ex600/1000 for a long time, might as well bite the bullet. I will miss my xba30 though, very solid iem.

are you going to sell them? I might be interested, depending on the price :D

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #12 of 15

it's worth the wait if you're saving to get MDR 7550.

prices are real good @ adorama and bhphoto

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #13 of 15

it's worth the wait if you're saving to get MDR 7550.

prices are real good @ adorama and bhphoto

I may go with the 600 because of price, is the 7550 THAT much better? Its like the 1000, most say it IS better but $200+ more better?

With that being said what are your opinions on this line of ex iem? They really that good?

Like I said now that I got to experience a bassy iem and a triple BA, now I know what I want, a balanced iem with decent bass and large soundstage, I wonder is clarity is still better on the xba than the ex line? They certainly are compared to the ex90.

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #14 of 15
I may go with the 600 because of price, is the 7550 THAT much better? Its like the 1000, most say it IS better but $200+ more better?

With that being said what are your opinions on this line of ex iem? They really that good?

Like I said now that I got to experience a bassy iem and a triple BA, now I know what I want, a balanced iem with decent bass and large soundstage, I wonder is clarity is still better on the xba than the ex line? They certainly are compared to the ex90.

Case for ex800st / 7550

1. better built quality
2. stringent driver matching because "Sony Professional" lineup
3. less sssiblant & harshness than 7550.
4. ex800st / 7550's sound description fits your OP title

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 15
I have owned the EX1000 and the MDR7550 and actually preferred the MDR7550 more by quite a bit. The EX1000 was just too neutral and also to treble happy for me. The 7550 is more midcentric and has a much less peaky treble range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back