Looking sound card for HD558
May 31, 2014 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

redwood

New Head-Fier
Hello, 

Tomorrow I get the 558. 

And I'm wondering which card should I buy? 
- I know it's not Required to buy these headphones sound card. But I realized that it gives improved beyond onboard. 

The first recommendation I got was the DGX. 
Rather I decided to buy. But I heard there are problems with the driver? What is this? - So I did not understand what it is. 

And i ould love to have another option. 

keep that in mind - my order at Amazon made and I can not order from there again and I am limited to what is where I live - it's a lot
less stuff and more expensive. 

Thanks

May 31, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 8
first, what is your main priority? gaming or music/movies.. ? the only advantage of a soundcard is ability to process surround DSP algorithms like Dolby, CMSS ( for accurate positional cues ) . soundcards can be frustrating thing to have when it comes to driver update frequency, but far as I know you can still use uni-xonar drivers with DGX, and you can also consider SB Z. or otherwise get something like Fiio E10, if you dont care about gaming.

May 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 8
  first, what is your main priority? gaming or music/movies.. ? the only advantage of a soundcard is ability to process surround DSP algorithms like Dolby, CMSS ( for accurate positional cues ) . soundcards can be frustrating thing to have when it comes to driver update frequency, but far as I know you can still use uni-xonar drivers with DGX, and you can also consider SB Z. or otherwise get something like Fiio E10, if you dont care about gaming.

Gaming is main priority, the current sound i get for movies is fine for me and music could be better.

SB.Z cost around 170$ here while DGX cost 55$ and Fiio 10 cost 140$ 

May 31, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #7 of 8
  Thank you both, will buy it tomorrow

Remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before installing a sound card and it's drivers.
What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back