Lost My Sennheiser IE 8i / Sennheiser IE8: Would Appreciate Suggestions For New Pair.
Feb 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bmichael

Head-Fier
The title says it all. 
frown.gif

I was out on Saturday night for just a few drinks. Got to the bar and jammed my earphones into my jacket pocket. They either fell out, or the little toddler that was messing around with my gloves and hat also fished my earphones out of my pocket, and now I wish I had checked for them when we left. (Yes... there are toddlers at the bar we go to for some reason.)

So, I haven't really looked into headphones for a few years. I loved the bass sound of my IE8s. I turned them to five. I also loved the warranty - had them repaired/replaced twice over the last two years. Ironically, then, I loved their durability as well. I used them all the freaking time, and them crapping out was my own fault. (I did not use a second pair for running, and sweat I think messed up the remote, and another time the cable got caught on an obstruction and messed up the, well, cable.)

Unfortunately, I don't have three or four hundred dollars to spend on headphones at the moment. I'm interested in around $100 suggestions for in ear headphones. Ideally they'd have booming bass response while sounding, you know, good. Also, ideally they'd have an iPhone mic and be durable. I used to own the Klispch IE4 (I believe they were called that? Around 70 or 100 bucks?), but they felt so flimsy that I gave them to my girlfriend, who broke them. They don't have to be bombproof Shures or anything, but I'd appreciate something more hefty than less.

This was a pretty wordy post, but I'm hoping you wonderful folks have some suggestions. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 3
Welp, I just did some research and ended up getting the Shure 215LEs on a presidents day sale at earphone connection. Hopefully these work out well, and they're cheap enough to be a backup pair once I have some more cash on hand. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back