Lost my Ultrasone ed.8... What should I buy now?
Sep 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

PedroH

100+ Head-Fier
Liked the Ultrasone ed.8 and used them mostly for travelling, connected to a Mac or iPad. Great sound isolation - was able to use them at high volume inside a plane on a night flight without any complains from the other passengers.

Ended up leaving them on a plane :frowning2:

What should I buy now for the same purpose (money no object)?

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Liked the Ultrasone ed.8 and used them mostly for travelling, connected to a Mac or iPad. Great sound isolation - was able to use them at high volume inside a plane on a night flight without any complains from the other passengers.

Ended up leaving them on a plane :frowning2:

What should I buy now for the same purpose (money no object)?

Wow..really? i wish i had luck to find a pair of Ed 8 on a plane. 
tongue.gif
 but seriously, sorry about that. 

Have you considered the Sennheiser amperiors? 

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 10
What music do you like to listen to? What did you like/didn't you like about the Edition 8's in terms of their sound? Need a bit more information to make a recommendation I think!

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 10
I listen to all genres except classic music.

Liked almost everything about the ed. 8. Only the form factor didn't help putting them in and out of a bag in airplanes - but that's a minor downside.

Thanks, Pedro

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 10
So... 1/5 votes on the Ed. 8... Intriguing, I would expect them to be the most popular alternative...

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 10
t5p's excel in classical music, and are not foldable.

the sig pros are foldable, and have better isolation by a little bit than the t5p's.

I think the sig pros are slightly on the bassier side, and t5ps are on the bass shy side

a note is, if you have bigger ears/ones that stick out more the felt of the sig pros might rub your ear which is annoying... but if you were okay with ed8's i think you should be fine. 

*i have both the t5p and sig pros, no idea about the others.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 10
Agree the T5p bass quantity is on the slightly bass-shy side. That said, the quality of the bass is utterly superb, so with a little EQ tweak it's fine. In addition to classical music I really like rock and metal on the T5p compared to the Ed8.

Of the headphones discussed here the Sig Pros definitely have some pros for portable use over the others - folding with a decent quality portable case, removable cable.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #10 of 10
It seems that the Ultrasone Signature Pro is the most recommended model with 4/7 votes.

Is it really better than the Ed.8?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back