Low Buzzing Sounds
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SMOR3S

100+ Head-Fier
I started getting this about a week ago... Idk if it's my Scarlett 2i2, cables, or what, but I get this low buzzing, computer feedback noise, coming through my headphones, when there is no audio playing... I was starting to think, it might be the USB B cable, that connects the Scarlett 2i2 to my PC, but idk... My mic also has a little static also, but I think that's cause it's an old dynamic mic, and I have had it for sometime now..

Any ideas O_o

Thanks,

- SMOR3S - Kevin -

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Is there anything you have changed in your setup recently? New components, different cabling, even a different powerboard used?

I am using a USB HUB, but it made this noise, even before that... I am however using an extension 3.5mm cable from RadioShack, don't want to knock on them, but you think, that might be the reason?

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 4
You shouldn't expect that anyone here after this brief description will be able to point out the reason of this problem, as there's many things that could cause it. Bad cables are often responsible for buzzing, but there could be many other reasons. Here's a few steps you could try on your own:
- Determine a point in time when the problem did not occur. Have you changed anything in your setup since then? Try to reverse the changes and see if the buzz is still there.
- Do it one step at a time and test after every step. For example, if you moved the location of the 2i2 and had to use a longer cable, move it back to the old spot and test before you replace the cable. If it still buzzes then replace the cable and try again.
- If the above fails (because you haven't changed anything, don't remember what you have changed, or restored everything and the problem still persists), try testing your components in isolation or different environment, or replacing them one by one. This should help you identify the faulty component.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back