Low-end budget earphones advice needed!!
May 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vharidev1993

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I was looking at low-end headphones and I live in India. I was interested in the Sennheiser MX375 earphones (I'm not much into ear canal type 'phones cuz they just don't fit into the tiny ear-canal that dear god has gifted me!). I would love to hear opinions on these phones. I'm a bit inclined towards more bass but I don't want it to over-shadow the music. I used to own a pair of PMX60 and Mx470 in the past. I have to say that I was quite impressed with the PMX60s, but hugely disappointed with the MX470. And also let me know other offerings along the same price. Please keep in mind that I reside in India and we don't have brands like Blox, Hisound Audio and others available here (Only the very well known brands like senns, akg etc.)

Thank you!

May 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Bam! No replies, seriously??! 
mad.gif

May 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 4
There aren't a lot of members enthusiastic about earbud style phones. The latest hoopla has been about the Apple earpods which may be something you would like. Quite some time ago, the Sennheiser MX400 and MX500 were very well regarded. I still own my MX500 but I haven't listened to it in years.

Even with very small ear canals, odds are good an IEM would work for you. You would certainly get much better bass from an IEM.

May 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 4
I don't want to get into the fuss of replacing the IEMs if they don't fit me, and try another one all over again when it won't be too soon that I'll have to replace them again. Its a headache. I have tried a lot of IEMs from my buddies, but none of them has given me a good fit. They just lie on the outside of the canal just like earbuds! So now you can imagine how narrow my canal is!! 
biggrin.gif

So I've been hearing good things about the MX580. I would like to know how they compare to the MX375, MX481 and MX471. I have such a trust on sennheiser that right now I'm not willing to look at other options. But I would still like to hear about other options. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back