Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 1, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #8,956 of 9,223
Hi mate, thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I agree with what you were saying about cables. I can barely find threads or posts discussing these two cable brands, so I would rather try them out with the basic one first. At last, I ordered Nebulous in the beginner series from the website of NMD Audio (https://nmdaudio.com/products/nebulous), as they do have a website and offer a free listening trial without paying any shipping, at least in the UK. It seems to be a very new shop so I would rather give it a try paying with a lower price first (around $100). The status is showing shipped so I believe I can do a quick review on the cable soon.
Curious about this.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #8,957 of 9,223
thank you, would you have a link? the ones i see are around $39 AUD
I can't see that offer up at the moment. It has been in the super deals section of the app over January (from the Kinera Official store). I only noticed because it was cheaper than I paid for a set for my Son before Xmas.

Chinese New Year sales will be up soon, they may reappear?

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #8,958 of 9,223
As per my previous post, I recommend this cable especially at the listed price:

IMG_7865.JPG

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #8,959 of 9,223
IMG_6547.jpeg
Looking for feedback on these cables… if anyone has them. Going with the following sets:

SnowCat - Neo 5
524 - Zero: RED
109 - Szalayi
GreyDragon - MP145

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #8,960 of 9,223
IMG_6547.jpeg
Looking for feedback on these cables… if anyone has them. Going with the following sets:

SnowCat - Neo 5
524 - Zero: RED
109 - Szalayi
GreyDragon - MP145
The GreyDragon goes for half that in NiceHCK’s frequent sales. It’s a good cable, giving a thick and warmer tonality without losing too much on top. I like it, but got it for ~$70. You can get a broadly similar sound from the Penon PAC480 and for slightly less, especially if you get it from their website.

Can’t advise on the other cables as I don’t have them.

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #8,961 of 9,223
The GreyDragon goes for half that in NiceHCK’s frequent sales. It’s a good cable, giving a thick and warmer tonality without losing too much on top. I like it, but got it for ~$70. You can get a broadly similar sound from the Penon PAC480 and for slightly less, especially if you get it from their website.

Can’t advise on the other cables as I don’t have them.
The coupon attached brings it down to around 72. Are you saying that’s too much or a good price? I love the looks of it.

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #8,962 of 9,223
The coupon attached brings it down to around 72. Are you saying that’s too much or a good price? I love the looks of it.
$72 is much better, so long as you are not spending $133 on it. You might be able to save a few dollars in a sale, but that’s always true for AE. In my opinion it’s worth that, and probably a nice pairing with the MP145 for a big, rich sound.

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #8,963 of 9,223
Hello, folks. I bought the following cable just for fun, didn't believe tbh that the cable could change the sound so much:
https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005004857027460.html?spm=a2g2w.orderdetail.0.0.7aab4aa66Mid3j
The headphones are HZSOUND Heart Mirror Zero, I've been using it with the cable from OG HZSOUND Heart Mirror. So I'm not very knowledgeable in audio to precisely describe the cable difference, but it's huge. Most notably, it has more low end now, which was only adequate on the old cable using the largest eartips. But now it's enough bass with smaller eartips. The sound is more spacious, more details, huge difference, but mb someone who has more audio knoledge will also buy this cable to tell how it stands compare to others. Bought the shortest cable to save some funds, if I knew how good this cable is, wouldn't do it :wink:

This is the sellers description, main points:

"You will get more music deitals and clear Hifi Sound. This cable features an incredibly lush and warm and beefy signature. Bringing in incredible dynamics without losing details and texture. Sound signature tends towards organic and smooth with a rounded and bass with good reverberation.

The shielding cable that helps to mitigate any of the negative effects that can happen to wire (and over time). All of our cables use a razor thin enamel coat on each individual fine strand. This allows each strand to act independently until being soldered at the termination point. With this razor thin enamel coat on each strand you also eliminate the issues that can arrise from non-litz cables, such as oxidiation.

Eachdiy upgraded headphone cable provides clearer bass response through higher linearity and resolution.The cable is quite outstanding in terms of high-frequency details, sound field clarity, and transparency. The high-flux conductor ensures sufficient low-frequency depth sense, and the background clean and clear, accurate positioning. It is more suitable for headphones with high quality, straight forward sound, flat soundstage, and high resolution frequency.

The cable design has a high-level appearance and texture, and the overall usability obtained from flexibility and lightness is excellent. In terms of sound quality, the expansion of the sound field and the extension of the low-frequency range can be achieved.

Our cable (eachdiy) has a wide range of applications, pursue high-dimensional sound details.suitable for most devices and headphones, and even high-end earphone. The wide range of applications makes it an ideal choice for any substitute. Just choose the right style for your Music player.

Eachdiy's cable is long life, the cable adopts a special handmade weaving process. It looks delicate, but the appearance is nice elegant and neat. It feels soft and easy to store without tangling. The ear hooks (if have) are also pre-shaped to the best angle to fit your ears firmly."

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #8,964 of 9,223
$72 is much better, so long as you are not spending $133 on it. You might be able to save a few dollars in a sale, but that’s always true for AE. In my opinion it’s worth that, and probably a nice pairing with the MP145 for a big, rich sound.
On the NiceHCK Audio Store (on AliExpress), the SnowCat is currently $29.99 after coupons. That seems like a decent price for it?

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #8,965 of 9,223
My math was a tiny bit off it’s like 75 but still, great price imo. Thanks, always appreciate your cable advice!

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #8,966 of 9,223
On the NiceHCK Audio Store (on AliExpress), the SnowCat is currently $29.99 after coupons. That seems like a decent price for it?
it’s 32 on this storefront after coupon. Going through the other store, it wouldn’t let me stack multiple coupons so it canceled out other stacked coupons.

I’ve read they are both official storefronts so? Idk I’m an AE noob I have used it once.

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #8,967 of 9,223
I’m not familiar with that exact model, but it seems much more reasonable. Looks nice - I’m quite tempted!

In case you don’t know, look in the Coins section of the AliExpress app to see whether you can get a bigger discount. For me it gives 17% off instead of the usual 5% for coins on that cable. As your new to the app, this might not be relevant to you.

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:46 AM Post #8,968 of 9,223
For me it gives 17% off instead of the usual 5% for coins on that cable.
Put it in your basket, Then go to your shopping cart and press the down arrow to see which coupons, coin deductions are being made. Pretty sure the above 5% coin things are always fake. The coin thing is a trap a new comer to Ali Express might fall in but I thought most other people knew this?

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #8,969 of 9,223
always try to put the things in the cart, and sometimes a discount will pop out lol

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #8,970 of 9,223
Hello, folks. I bought the following cable just for fun, didn't believe tbh that the cable could change the sound so much:
https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005004857027460.html?spm=a2g2w.orderdetail.0.0.7aab4aa66Mid3j
The headphones are HZSOUND Heart Mirror Zero, I've been using it with the cable from OG HZSOUND Heart Mirror. So I'm not very knowledgeable in audio to precisely describe the cable difference, but it's huge. Most notably, it has more low end now, which was only adequate on the old cable using the largest eartips. But now it's enough bass with smaller eartips. The sound is more spacious, more details, huge difference, but mb someone who has more audio knoledge will also buy this cable to tell how it stands compare to others. Bought the shortest cable to save some funds, if I knew how good this cable is, wouldn't do it :wink:

This is the sellers description, main points:

"You will get more music deitals and clear Hifi Sound. This cable features an incredibly lush and warm and beefy signature. Bringing in incredible dynamics without losing details and texture. Sound signature tends towards organic and smooth with a rounded and bass with good reverberation.

The shielding cable that helps to mitigate any of the negative effects that can happen to wire (and over time). All of our cables use a razor thin enamel coat on each individual fine strand. This allows each strand to act independently until being soldered at the termination point. With this razor thin enamel coat on each strand you also eliminate the issues that can arrise from non-litz cables, such as oxidiation.

Eachdiy upgraded headphone cable provides clearer bass response through higher linearity and resolution.The cable is quite outstanding in terms of high-frequency details, sound field clarity, and transparency. The high-flux conductor ensures sufficient low-frequency depth sense, and the background clean and clear, accurate positioning. It is more suitable for headphones with high quality, straight forward sound, flat soundstage, and high resolution frequency.

The cable design has a high-level appearance and texture, and the overall usability obtained from flexibility and lightness is excellent. In terms of sound quality, the expansion of the sound field and the extension of the low-frequency range can be achieved.

Our cable (eachdiy) has a wide range of applications, pursue high-dimensional sound details.suitable for most devices and headphones, and even high-end earphone. The wide range of applications makes it an ideal choice for any substitute. Just choose the right style for your Music player.

Eachdiy's cable is long life, the cable adopts a special handmade weaving process. It looks delicate, but the appearance is nice elegant and neat. It feels soft and easy to store without tangling. The ear hooks (if have) are also pre-shaped to the best angle to fit your ears firmly."

What do you think in terms of the extension improvement for the cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back