ltd power in EU
Oct 20, 2004 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eduj

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello
My first post here.I m looking to buy a CD/MP3 player.Some players that got my attention are Panasonic ct710/810(dig amps) Iriver slimx150/250 and SonyNE300(cheapy one).But the player must have enough volume to drive decent cans like Sony V6 and Koss PortaPro.Now i heard that the players that are sold in European Union have a very limited head amp:like 1,5 mw!This sucks
mad.gif
!I currently live in England.What should i do?Buy directly from US? The Pana and Iriver models that are sold in EU have ltd head power or not?Help
confused.gif

PS.noone thought to use Jude's name backwards as a nick before me?
tongue.gif

PS2.Thanks i n advanse for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but you could always get a cheap amp (cmoy comes to mind) to add volume.

Oct 20, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 6
Buy the iRiver iMP-350. It has enough power to drive most of portable headphones. You can get it used from US for a very cheap price. Try posting in the Buy/Sale forum or try Ebay.

Oct 20, 2004 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks
Yes i m thinking about the iriver players.I can get them from Europe:from ebay.co.uk or ebay.de.But i don t know if these players have ltd head power or not
rolleyes.gif
(as they are sold in EU).US ebay sellers
rarely ship to Europe,but i ll try to find one who won t rip me with the shipping costs
rolleyes.gif
.V6 are so easy to drive that i don t think i need an amp for now.A player with decent "juice" from the head out will do the job.

Oct 20, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj
Thanks
Yes i m thinking about the iriver players.I can get them from Europe:from ebay.co.uk or ebay.de.But i don t know if these players have ltd head power or not
rolleyes.gif
(as they are sold in EU).US ebay sellers
rarely ship to Europe,but i ll try to find one who won t rip me with the shipping costs
rolleyes.gif
.V6 are so easy to drive that i don t think i need an amp for now.A player with decent "juice" from the head out will do the job.

as far as i understand it even if the iriver players are limited it would only be a limitation in the firmware and you could always use the US firmware instead

Oct 20, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 6
really?if that goes for all iriver cd/mp3 players that would be great.River iMP-350 is what got my attention.There are a lot at ebay.com but only one or two ship ubroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back