Luxman P700u Headphone Amplifier Thread
Dec 1, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #32 of 418
I know Luxman makes great products but chasing down a US approved amp was a bit much so I went with Violectric V281.  Much easier to attain and the price was right (25% off Cyber Monday) brand new.  Should arrive within the next week.

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #34 of 418
did someone paired it with Luxman D-08u DAC-USB & CD/SACD player ?  Must be nice combination...

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #35 of 418
I have not heard D-08u, but my Luxman DA-200 + Luxman P-700u + HD800(w Kings singers songs) combo really sound HEAVEN!:grin:
something like riding expensive car or like listening to DSD11.2Mhz.

PS i found that DA-200 is so so DAC ;D

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #39 of 418
Yeah, I heard it at the last Fujiya-Avic show. I'm around 90% sure at this point that it's going to be my day 1 purchase.

I really liked the sound of this amp although the conditions in which I was listening in were less than ideal.

I would also like to add that from what I could hear, Mass Kobo 394, is still a bit better. I'd say a bit more sweeter sounding. But taking into account that Mass Kobo is 600K yen, while Luxman is 300K yen, makes this a total no brainer for me.

It leaves me with another 300K for a proper DAC!
IMG_4964.JPG

I have no idea why it's upside down... :)

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #40 of 418
Hello,

Okay a 4 pins XLR.
And any change in the electronic circuitry ? Sound presentation (bass, mediums, trebles, dynamic) ?
Where an English brochure can be found and is it available for export (not 100V) ?

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #41 of 418
yes circuitry changed.
p-700u = ODNF version 3.0A
p-750u = ODNF version 4
i have heard rumor which say p-750u sounded more punchy and articulate compare to p-700u. i dont know its true or false. since i have not heard it yet.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #42 of 418
yes circuitry changed.
p-700u = ODNF version 3.0A
p-750u = ODNF version 4
i have heard rumor which say p-750u sounded more punchy and articulate compare to p-700u. i dont know its true or false. since i have not heard it yet.
I went for an audition and decided not to get one. I'm not saying it's a bad amp. It's a good amp, but it has a cold signature, too cold for me. I like tube amps, and so, this was not to my tastes. What can I say, at the Fujiya Avic show, the conditions were different, it's was loud so I couldn't judge it perfectly. But in a more quiet environment, the cold signature became more apparent to me.

Still, it has a lot of power, and yes the soundstage is nice and wide, with a very nice and punchy base. But if you're looking for a warm presentation, you won't find it here.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #43 of 418
Hello,

Okay a 4 pins XLR.
And any change in the electronic circuitry ? Sound presentation (bass, mediums, trebles, dynamic) ?
Where an English brochure can be found and is it available for export (not 100V) ?
I heard it at the Dynamic Audio store in Akihabara. I can tell you that the only difference I heard was that it was more powerful, but the sound signature, that of a colder SS amp it's still there, just like with p-700u.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #44 of 418
I went for an audition and decided not to get one. I'm not saying it's a bad amp. It's a good amp, but it has a cold signature, too cold for me. I like tube amps, and so, this was not to my tastes. What can I say, at the Fujiya Avic show, the conditions were different, it's was loud so I couldn't judge it perfectly. But in a more quiet environment, the cold signature became more apparent to me.

Still, it has a lot of power, and yes the soundstage is nice and wide, with a very nice and punchy base. But if you're looking for a warm presentation, you won't find it here.

what DAC did you use for audition? p-700u sounds diffrent with differnt DAC significantly FYI. p-700u is quite cameleon.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #45 of 418
Just so you know guys, I have an Elekit TU-8200, which is a very cheap tube amp, but it produces such a nice and sweet sound with my HE-1000 that I'm really struggling to find anything better.

Seriously, Mass Kobo 394 and Goldmund Telos HDA, are the only 2 amps which I personally liked more than mine. So yeah, I'm kind of picky, so don't take my words as gospel. :)

@Pokemonn
Please visit the Dynamic Audio in Akihabara, and have a listen, it's there and you can take your sweet time!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back