Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 9, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #1,876 of 5,299
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #1,877 of 5,299
I am trying to download from the link on the firs post the ISP_Tool file, but getting a warning that a virus scan is not possible... I am concerned about downloading this file. Anyone else encountering this?

1618018752907.png

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #1,879 of 5,299
During a 2,5h trip with my car and W2 connected to my IPhone11Pro with some Y camera connection kit and other end connected to car battery, I have encountered various interruptions and static distortions playing Spotify offline.
W2 low gain, volume up to 35, so nothing about the known iPhone voltage limit.
Last 30 mins of the trip I changed to ddhifi usb-c kit and ddhifi lightning adapter: same symptoms.
Will need to test further but I don't remember such issues at the beginning
Anyone encountered something similar?
I remember someone posted about problems like this and speculated it could have to do with latest IOS update.
I am running IOS 14.4.2
🙄🥲

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,880 of 5,299
During a 2,5h trip with my car and W2 connected to my IPhone11Pro with some Y camera connection kit and other end connected to car battery, I have encountered various interruptions and static distortions playing Spotify offline.
Last 30 mins of the trip I changed to ddhifi usb-c kit and ddhifi lightning adapter: same symptoms.
I remember someone posted about problems like this and speculated it could have to do with latest IOS update.
I am running IOS 14.4.2
🙄🥲

Was the Y camera adapter the original one from Apple? The official Apple ones are the only connectors that work without issue for me. I tried another one and had distortion and the battery disconnected constantly. Also, not sure how the car battery affects the whole setup in terms of stability.

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #1,882 of 5,299
Was the Y camera adapter the original one from Apple? The official Apple ones are the only connectors that work without issue for me. I tried another one and had distortion and the battery disconnected constantly. Also, not sure how the car battery affects the whole setup in terms of stability.
Thx for your feedback.
I need to check my orders if that was original.
I though experienced same distortions after decoupling from Y cable and only connecting the before rock solid ddhifi cable/adapter without additional power connected...
Will need to test later other apps than Spotify...

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #1,883 of 5,299
Hi everyone,

I am in direct contact with Mr. Wan, the lead engineer of LP. He is made aware of this discussion thread. LP is thrilled and grateful for everyone's support for W1 and W2.

With this being said, LP would like to further collect user feedback for W1/W2. If you would like to, please kindly reply to this post and include:
  1. The one or two features of W1/W2 that you enjoy the most (such as sound quality, output power, size, etc).
  2. The one or two features that you wish LP to improve or add to W1/W2 (cable color, better EQ, etc).
As for the case of W1/W2. LP is made aware of this request. They are thinking to in-house design and build a leather case, using some of the finest leather in the market (If you have bought their DAPs, you will know that LP makes leather cases of very high quality). However, the cost of such a case could be high, very likely to be higher than what Lotoo offers for S1 ($25). LP wants to know whether there is enough interest in the market for them to pursue this. If you would like to, please provide your feedback in your reply as well.

Thanks everyone!
1. I love the sound quality of my W2, especially with my Andromeda Golds. The size and build quality are also great.
2. A custom EQ for the Andro Gold would be cool. I'd also love a case for it. Oh, and the ability to update firmware from macOS please!

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,884 of 5,299
1. I love the sound quality of my W2, especially with my Andromeda Golds. The size and build quality are also great.
2. A custom EQ for the Andro Gold would be cool. I'd also love a case for it. Oh, and the ability to update firmware from macOS please!
Another Andro Gold and Mac owner 👍
Great to hear you are enjoying it too with W2 😃

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #1,885 of 5,299
I am running IOS 14.4.2
🙄🥲
I was flying yesterday and I had a very similar set up that I used because my battery drained so fast. I connected my iPhone Xs Max to Camera connector so that I could charge it with my power bank at the same time. Used Tidal Offline. I did not notice any static and I was surprised that all of those cables didn't result in a cable coming out. It definitely drained the battery fast.

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #1,886 of 5,299
I was flying yesterday and I had a very similar set up that I used because my battery drained so fast. I connected my iPhone Xs Max to Camera connector so that I could charge it with my power bank at the same time. Used Tidal Offline. I did not notice any static and I was surprised that all of those cables didn't result in a cable coming out. It definitely drained the battery fast.
Thx for your feedback.
I will also try Tidal later to see if it is app related.
Anyway Spotify is just a compromise solution for low IPhone storage 😉

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,887 of 5,299
Thx for your feedback.
I will also try Tidal later to see if it is app related.
Anyway Spotify is just a compromise solution for low IPhone storage 😉
I actually loved Spotify and still have a family plan that I never use because I prefer Tidal. Can't wait to hear the Spotify lossless service when it comes out.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #1,888 of 5,299
I actually loved Spotify and still have a family plan that I never use because I prefer Tidal. Can't wait to hear the Spotify lossless service when it comes out.
I think Spotify still has the best music taste AI of all apps but since I am on Tidal I prefer it too of course.
Is that lossless Spotify option finally announced to come to market?
After years of rumors?

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,889 of 5,299
I think Spotify still has the best music taste AI of all apps but since I am on Tidal I prefer it too of course.
Is that lossless Spotify option finally announced to come to market?
After years of rumors?
Yes it is coming *sometime* this year.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #1,890 of 5,299

Users who are viewing this thread

Back