Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Apr 21, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #2,057 of 5,299
Your headphones/IEMs will have WAAAAY higher distortion than any decent dac/amp
You may get excommunicated from the Head-fi cult if you keep divulging the secrets... In fact we are calling a special conclave of the audio brethren to discuss your heresy...

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #2,058 of 5,299
Hi all, I would like to buy W2. Do you know any shop in EU ?
I couldn't find any dealer in EU. Ordered from Ali (huo guang Store) on March 30th, shipped on April 6th, delivered today. No tax or VAT paid.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #2,059 of 5,299
Had a week with my new EE Odin on the W2 now. I'm a Windows laptop and Android S20+ user so can't comment on Apple products but I am over the moon with the end results. Apart from looking at a Hiby R8 DAP I am sticking with this combo for a long time to come!! Superb.

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #2,060 of 5,299
Had a week with my new EE Odin on the W2 now. I'm a Windows laptop and Android S20+ user so can't comment on Apple products but I am over the moon with the end results. Apart from looking at a Hiby R8 DAP I am sticking with this combo for a long time to come!! Superb.
I agree that the pairing is fantastic. W2 + Odin = perfect together.

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,062 of 5,299
So still waiting for W2 stock to come to Andrew, but meanwhile i can't say I've been bored.
If anyone has the money grab a C9,just phenomenal, makes anything you have in your possession a real music feast including i hear the W2, I've never heard a better piece of "portable" equipment plus MeSTii also rocking my world☝️

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #2,063 of 5,299
So still waiting for W2 stock to come to Andrew, but meanwhile i can't say I've been bored.
If anyone has the money grab a C9,just phenomenal, makes anything you have in your possession a real music feast including i hear the W2, I've never heard a better piece of "portable" equipment plus MeSTii also rocking my world☝️
Would love a TT2 instead :wink:

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #2,064 of 5,299
This is a highly speculative question .... and has some assumptions within it (ie no need for high power output / not to be used with difficult to drive headphones) ... nonetheless, here goes: what DAP would W2 + phone could compete with?

Are we talking something like Hiby R6 2020?
Or as high as iBasso DX300 and more?

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #2,065 of 5,299
I agree that the pairing is fantastic. W2 + Odin = perfect together.
Experimented with Tidal streaming using my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone with W2, Romi amp, and HD820. Sounds so good I may question why to have DAPs!

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #2,067 of 5,299
Experimented with Tidal streaming using my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone with W2, Romi amp, and HD820. Sounds so good I may question why to have DAPs!

I think iPhone + W2 sounds significantly better than my Hiby R6 2020. iPhone + W2 is about the same as DX160 to my ear. I prefer the DX160 to my iPhone though because it is lighter, I can plug my cables right into it, if my wife wants to talk to me, I just hit the pause button on the side.

When considering a DAP vs. a Dongle, all of these little things need to be considered. Everyone needs to decide how much sound quality they are willing to sacrifice for usability. Sometimes, I just like listening with my iPhone over bluetooth with a UTWS3 and UM 3DT. No wires and the ability to take phone calls is really nice. Sounds decent, too.

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #2,068 of 5,299
I literally hate Chord, sorry😅
I am also moving away from Chord... A bit buggy in software and their “portable” products are not really competitive against modern products (DAPs or even dongles). Their desktop gears are still looking good but so expensive.

Apr 22, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #2,069 of 5,299
I think iPhone + W2 sounds significantly better than my Hiby R6 2020. iPhone + W2 is about the same as DX160 to my ear. I prefer the DX160 to my iPhone though because it is lighter, I can plug my cables right into it, if my wife wants to talk to me, I just hit the pause button on the side.

When considering a DAP vs. a Dongle, all of these little things need to be considered. Everyone needs to decide how much sound quality they are willing to sacrifice for usability. Sometimes, I just like listening with my iPhone over bluetooth with a UTWS3 and UM 3DT. No wires and the ability to take phone calls is really nice. Sounds decent, too.
The wife topic reminds me of the movie "switch", you know that one, where the guy had a magic remote control to switch the voice of his wife down?😉
But seriously I agree that the dongle thing can get tiring sometimes with all the cable/adapter hassles and it's often very convenient to have only one DAP instead for that case only.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #2,070 of 5,299
I am also moving away from Chord... A bit buggy in software and their “portable” products are not really competitive against modern products (DAPs or even dongles). Their desktop gears are still looking good but so expensive.
It has been ages since i though H2 sounds too horizontal and gigital for my tastes amd I've discovered many better dacs since not to mention amps, but C9 is another league of everything altogether

Users who are viewing this thread

Back