Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
May 3, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #2,221 of 5,299
It is fantastic and a joy to use and look at and it is very musical and involving, i listened to Bartok piano concertos for like an hour yesterday and nothing disturbed, great dynamics ftom PPP to FFFs, then tried some deep bass and it hits with great satisfaction.
It is also small and light and that's very important in this case scenario.
👍👌🍻
glad to hear you like it! how does it pair with you MEST mkii?

May 3, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #2,222 of 5,299
glad to hear you like it! how does it pair with you MEST mkii?
Like a dream, Xelastec make Mest2 like a custom version for me and with W2 the sound is sweet and enveloping.
Can't stop listening.
It looks like made for each other

Attachments

• 20210502_172356.jpg
    20210502_172356.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 3, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #2,223 of 5,299
Like a dream, Xelastec make Mest2 like a custom version for me and with W2 the sound is sweet and enveloping.
Can't stop listening.
It looks like made for each other
Great to hear! I'm seriously considering picking up both. Would probably be a big step up from my FLC8s and Dragonfly Red haha. :)

Do you use EQ with the W2 or does it just sound nice plugged and played?

May 3, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #2,225 of 5,299
I don't EQ as W2s is an ok one, but ultimately dips vol and quality resulting in making fine iems much cheaper sounding than what their intended tuning and price suggest.
There's definitely a lot of fun to be had with a Cowon or PaW EQ systems and it did miracles with the treble lacking Fearless Roland i just sold, otherwise one of the finest iems I've heard.
But i tend to get iems with a tuning in bass, treble (mids i care less somewhat, such an overstated term lol) and pair them with a device that in Flat/normal needs no reinforcement.
Such exactly is the case with W2/Mest2, a pairing of high quality that brings the best of both.

One thing I've noticed though is the Filter system b/n NOS and any other one changes sound noticeably like an EQ, slow filter is warm, bassier and slightly dirtier/fun sounding than NOS and depending on which one i select, it then has an impact on Tune 1/2 settings, essentially you get about 4 different sound signatures

May 3, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #2,226 of 5,299
I'm sure this information is somewhere in the first 149 pages of this thread, but if somebody could help me it would save a lot of time and effort. Why would anyone need a dongle with an spdif out? The only thing I can think of is it becomes a USB to spdif converter if you plug it into a USB source. Does this make sense?

May 3, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #2,227 of 5,299
I'm sure this information is somewhere in the first 149 pages of this thread, but if somebody could help me it would save a lot of time and effort. Why would anyone need a dongle with an spdif out? The only thing I can think of is it becomes a USB to spdif converter if you plug it into a USB source. Does this make sense?
It helps to filter out the noise from your PC and reduce the jitter in your usb signals that feed to the DAC. For example, iFI has several of such products (iPurifier) just for this purpose. With W2 and a cable, you may not need those.

May 3, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #2,228 of 5,299
First of all, we don't need in particular a dongle with spdif out, we need the best sounding dongle on the market. The spdif out is a bonus feature.

May 3, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #2,229 of 5,299
I don't EQ as W2s is an ok one, but ultimately dips vol and quality resulting in making fine iems much cheaper sounding than what their intended tuning and price suggest.
There's definitely a lot of fun to be had with a Cowon or PaW EQ systems and it did miracles with the treble lacking Fearless Roland i just sold, otherwise one of the finest iems I've heard.
But i tend to get iems with a tuning in bass, treble (mids i care less somewhat, such an overstated term lol) and pair them with a device that in Flat/normal needs no reinforcement.
Such exactly is the case with W2/Mest2, a pairing of high quality that brings the best of both.

One thing I've noticed though is the Filter system b/n NOS and any other one changes sound noticeably like an EQ, slow filter is warm, bassier and slightly dirtier/fun sounding than NOS and depending on which one i select, it then has an impact on Tune 1/2 settings, essentially you get about 4 different sound signatures
right. good to hear. I don't like to use EQ either, or really need any bells and whistles besides SQ, so that's a plus. when i get just one or two confirmations that the W2 is the way to go over the EarMen Sparrow I think I'll finally pull the trigger haha.

May 4, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #2,233 of 5,299
I should have said I haven't seen a detailed comparison. There's not much content at those links. Thanks though.
Yeah, probably the most detailed post comparing the two models would be the OP's first post in this thread here
Hopefully we will get a nice SQ comparison shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back