Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 25, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,441 of 5,299
Wish I had opportunity to listen to the IER-Z1R on the W2. I don't need to hear anymore comparrisons. How have L&P achieved this on something that just cost me £210 GBP? I'm blown away.
You got a good price too!!! Mine will end up around £265 ish. Well done!

Mar 25, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #1,442 of 5,299
W2 is a mid-tier DAP slayer... :sunglasses:

Mar 25, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #1,443 of 5,299
Mar 25, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,444 of 5,299
So what does a W2 + C9 do?
Pretty good! Good enough for me to enjoy C9 especially as it can connect to my PC. My N6ii does not work so well as a USB DAC.

Mar 25, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #1,445 of 5,299
You got a good price too!!! Mine will end up around £265 ish. Well done!

Got mine as an open box from eBay. I believe there was one more on there but it's not a 'buy it now' like mine was. As soon as I saw it I clicked and paid. Next day delivery too. As an Aussie would say; I'm stoked!

Mar 25, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,446 of 5,299
So one of my favourite albums is Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Rattlesnakes. This album as good as I love it sounds somewhat flat. The W2 has brought it to life. I believe someone else said the same about flat recording - the W2 brings everything up and presents it quite beautifully.

On the Thummin IEMs I was somewhat concerned about the lack of bass compared to the IER-Z1R I sold you. The W2 has given the Thummin some stunning bass which fits somewhere between the Z1R and the Thummin/ZX507 combo. It's just perfect in every way.

Going to buy a phone with the 507 money. Any recommendations? As small as possible but with the best battery. Something I can root and get rid of all the nasty bloatware to maximise the battery. However, not sure UAPP would work on a rooted phone with no playstore though. Need to look into that. No rush though cos I'm going to be sat here for the next couple days re-listening to all my fav albums on my laptop with W2.

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #1,447 of 5,299
So one of my favourite albums is Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Rattlesnakes. This album as good as I love it sounds somewhat flat. The W2 has brought it to life. I believe someone else said the same about flat recording - the W2 brings everything up and presents it quite beautifully.

On the Thummin IEMs I was somewhat concerned about the lack of bass compared to the IER-Z1R I sold you. The W2 has given the Thummin some stunning bass which fits somewhere between the Z1R and the Thummin/ZX507 combo. It's just perfect in every way.

Going to buy a phone with the 507 money. Any recommendations? As small as possible but with the best battery. Something I can root and get rid of all the nasty bloatware to maximise the battery. However, not sure UAPP would work on a rooted phone with no playstore though. Need to look into that. No rush though cos I'm going to be sat here for the next couple days re-listening to all my fav albums on my laptop with W2.
Depends on if you’re only using for streaming or need space. Otherwise a Google pixel?

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,448 of 5,299
Indeed. The S21U will be more of a secondary device for now but we shall see.

It is rather weird that there don't seem to be any true wireless earphones with LDAC support...
A bit off topic but there is the Drop THX Panda... :beyersmile:
thumbnail_20210325_112722.jpg

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #1,450 of 5,299
Doing some W2 vs ZX507 testing, yeah much as it hurts to say, the W2 is the winner...

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,451 of 5,299
O.K., I' ve (very) quickly scanned the last ~30 pages of this thread to see what type of devices y'all are connecting to the W2, and it's the usual suspects: phones, laptops, tablets. By chance, has anyone tried using the W2 with the xDuoo X10t II? Frankly, given that it's the only such device I know of (purely a portable digital transport), not surprised if no one has tried it yet as I assume the X10t II isn't in that many hands of head-fi members. Just thought I'd ask.

Mar 25, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #1,452 of 5,299
O.K., I' ve (very) quickly scanned the last ~30 pages of this thread to see what type of devices y'all are connecting to the W2, and it's the usual suspects: phones, laptops, tablets. By chance, has anyone tried using the W2 with the xDuoo X10t II? Frankly, given that it's the only such device I know of (purely a portable digital transport), not surprised if no one has tried it yet as I assume the X10t II isn't in that many hands of head-fi members. Just thought I'd ask.
I haven't tried it, because I don't own either (yet), but I sure thought about it. However, since I already own an LG V30, I think I'll use that as a source for the W2 when I finally get it, and pass on the X10 II

Mar 25, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #1,453 of 5,299
Tempotec V1 is another pure digital transport option. It has its cons vs X10Tii but it is much cheaper and supports LDAC.

Mar 25, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,455 of 5,299
D&B may be a genre of limited appeal in this thread, no idea on peoples music preferences here! Anway - listening right now to this via the W2 and IER-M9, absolutely incredible. @F700 - you were correct about that pairing for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back