Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 12, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #887 of 5,299
Could someone compare the w2 vs dx300 in sound quality? my curiosity goes towards pairing with iems
What is the iem pairing?
Don't forget DX300 is a flagship DAP and amp implementation besides DAC also plays a role.
With my 7 Ohm Andromeda Gold I would give the W2 the medal as I found DX300 too blown in midbass and having audible hissing when no music was playing but I returned DX300 after 2 weeks so it wasn't completely burned in?
On my Full sized cans DX300 wins without question.

Mar 12, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #888 of 5,299
Just received my W2 this afternoon.

Been listening to Qobuz and Tidal with the W2 connected to my iPod Touch via the Lootoo S1 lightning cable. FiiO FH7 iems, 4.4 balanced connection.

Wow! Sounds every bit as good as my HiBy R6 2020. I haven’t even bothered to mess with any of the filter settings.

For those who are worried about the lack of MQA, don’t give it a second thought as Tidal Hi-Fi sounds awesome. I did not expect this little dongle to sound this good.

With a little BlueTac this makes a killer lightweight/portable stack...

AEBAE7F4-7EEE-49B5-9104-33050EF57CF6.jpeg
Just wait until you pair the W2 with a C9. I wouldn't be surprised if it outperforms many TOTL DAPs.

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #889 of 5,299
Just wait until you pair the W2 with a C9. I wouldn't be surprised if it outperforms many TOTL DAPs.
Definitively post here if you should test that in future!

Mar 13, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #893 of 5,299
wrong - there is a very good point in doing so - SOUND QUALITY
I honestly didn’t find a discernible difference in sq between my InEars PP-8 ($1150) and VE Erlkonig ($4500) when I tried them and compared them.

Mar 13, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #895 of 5,299
I honestly didn’t find a discernible difference in sq between my InEars PP-8 ($1150) and VE Erlkonig ($4500) when I tried them and compared them.
Hey! How will you rate the SQ on your LG Vs the other portable dac/amp you have? (No DAPs)

Mar 13, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #896 of 5,299
Hey! How will you rate the SQ on your LG Vs the other portable dac/amp you have? (No DAPs)
I get the best result by connecting my V30's line out (headphone output), to an external amp, such as iFi's xCAN. This is because the V30 has an excellent DAC section which is not matched by the amp section, definitely not up to par, imo.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #897 of 5,299
not PC, ony MacBook Pro
1615582340818.png
Amazon Music HD 24bit/48khz
Low Gain, Tone2, Filter: Fast
Andromeda Gold
On MacOS vs iPhone W2 seems to be not louder but a tad more distinct, finer, more transparent, difference not night and day but audible when doing direct A-B, definitely much closer to each other than S1 imho

In general I have to say that I am listening much more to more fine music like Jazz, classical music and Singer-Songwriter songs with W2 as it brings out the details and fine quality of music out.
When connected to my MacBook I also have the feeling I am not making a very big compromise in comparison to my TOTL DAP.
And that is meaning something!
that is how i experience the W2 as well. And i also do listen more to "fine (?)" music like jazz and classical music. But I also listen to Reggae and Spanish Flamenco/Latin Music and boy - that is when the party (in the head of course due to Covid) starts...

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #899 of 5,299
Yeap !!!

I am in contact with him already :)
We are in touch via the Discord of Pierre Alexandre, PA for the "intime" if you don't know him yet, here is one of his videos :

Gosh, he has a lot to say - and you listen to French ? anyway - another Chinese company that produces very good value for money, if I understand his comments correctly.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #900 of 5,299
that is good for YOU in fact - so your ears don't hear the difference - you are BLESSED ! I do hear differences between different IEM's and as frustrating as it is- the expensive ones often really sound better in my ears. It is not a perception - i really can sadly hear the difference. If you don't hear the difference you don't need to bother to spend so much money - so 1:0 for you !
It's like food - some taste it and some don't ... nobody can argue on that level really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back