Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
May 2, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #1,414 of 1,423
May 2, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #1,415 of 1,423
I got two copies, the first on Aliexpress directly from Myer Audio and the second on Hifigo with customs and taxes paid. :xf_eek:cchiolino:

https://hifigo.com/products/myer-audio-sliivo-sl-41?variant=44556357730543

I had ordered the CKLVX D41 from them. I had to cancel the order because it failed to ship after 2 weeks.

He told me that the manufacturer was having trouble supplying them.

So I 'fallen back' on PULA, but there too no shipments for 1 week.

I'm afraid there are some supply issues.

May 2, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #1,416 of 1,423
I had ordered the CKLVX D41 from them. I had to cancel the order because it failed to ship after 2 weeks.

He told me that the manufacturer was having trouble supplying them.

So I 'fallen back' on PULA, but there too no shipments for 1 week.

I'm afraid there are some supply issues.
I waited calmly (almost a month) and a week ago they sent me the CKLVX (so I think they have them now) for the SL-41 (which I ordered together with the CKLVX) I'm not in a hurry as I already have them... and I got an excellent price for the two together (300 euros).
However, shipments from the Myer Audio store are also very slow... I waited more than a month for the SL-T6s... in my opinion they are selling hundreds of them... they are cheap and they really make a lot. Now I'm waiting for the SL-41s from Hifigo... sooner or later they'll send them to me (I hope).

May 3, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #1,417 of 1,423
If I access the direct link to SL-41 on AE, that I have from @Polky74 (thanks 😉), it says something like this item cannot ship to Germany. So Hifigo is my only option. But if it's so slow, I might as well not bother and wait for the Elysian Pilgrim.
I have enough IEMs to use with my W4, was simply looking for something that sounds very good for little money, to use at work. I'm a bit reluctant to take expensive ones with me.
I recently got the Pula, and it's quite good, but so many are raving about the SL-41, that I wanted to try it.
Went back to the iBasso DC04 Pro for a couple of days and it cannot hold a candle to the LP W4. So now, the DC04 goes back to the drawer and W4 back to duty 🙂

May 3, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #1,419 of 1,423
Still not enough talking about such a great USB dac dongle. Especially after the latest firmware.,👍😃
But then we understood what this new firmware brings to the table that isn't already present with 1.0.6?

@bluestorm1992 we all miss you...

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #1,420 of 1,423
Still not enough talking about such a great USB dac dongle. Especially after the latest firmware.,👍😃

Interesting that we never saw a proper change log for the 1.0.1.8 version. Also it still isn't posted on the L&P website. The firmware itself was dated November 8, 2023.

I like it when development continues on these things... :wink:

May 3, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #1,421 of 1,423
Interesting that we never saw a proper change log for the 1.0.1.8 version. Also it still isn't posted on the L&P website. The firmware itself was dated November 8, 2023.

I like it when development continues on these things... :wink:
A proper change log written would be nice, but overall very happy with the latest firmware. The sound seems that have been refined a bit and the new Trailli iem profile has been added from all I can say. Maybe there were some little bugs that I didn't detect previously fixed.
Apart from the sound, form factor and all the features I like the very little power consumption, so I don't need to bring an extra battery pack when I use the W4.

May 4, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #1,422 of 1,423
Hello again everyone!
I'm still looking for my ideal sound in dongle form factor. I already have L&P W2 OG, Hiby FC6, iBasso DC Elite and Mojo2.

Should I expect W4 to beat them all?
Or is everything at the level of preferences? Are there any owners of W4 and these dongles, or parts of them?

May 4, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #1,423 of 1,423
Hello again everyone!
I'm still looking for my ideal sound in dongle form factor. I already have L&P W2 OG, Hiby FC6, iBasso DC Elite and Mojo2.

Should I expect W4 to beat them all?
Or is everything at the level of preferences? Are there any owners of W4 and these dongles, or parts of them?
I don't think it can "beat" the DC Elite, which is considered by many as good as a full DAP. But it's not a matter of beating, it's all about whether the W4 has the best sound signature for you or not. And synergies with your existing gear.

It does everything the Mojo2 does and to me it sounds better. It's got this "hifi" sound, forceful but delicate, with complex intricacies and great soundstage. I'm not really good at describing sound, but let's say it feels like an Aston Martin. Not the fastest, not the flashiest, but man it's just such a nice overall package (I guess DC Elite world ne the Ferrari of dongles?). W4 is my favourite dongle, but I'm still keeping the Mojo 2, Gryphon, RU7 and so on.

It's more portable than DC Elite, and the volume wheel feels nicer. Can't judge the sound, as I didn't listen to the Elite (I claim to be an audiophile, but i didn't have any IEMs with me that day, I'm so ashamed).
W4 it's also very light on the battery of your phone, if that's important for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back