Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #1,381 of 1,423
Hopefully they will add it on their website soon and we can see the changes they've done. I thought they have stopped the support for it but I am glad they haven't. I got it as it as it came out and before that I had the W2. Really happy with it and has a great synergy with AA the Composer.
I hesitated a lot before buying it. Simply because I was using a desktop setup and headphones. Then there was a shift towards IEMs and more portable setups. One day I had a chance to demo the W4 with Unique Melody soleil tombé and I quite liked it. Couple of days later I bought it (not the UM though, just the W4 😁) and ever since is my favourite dongle.

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #1,382 of 1,423
L&P W4 + Myer Audio SLIIVO SL-41 + Joe Satriani's guitar = Pure Bliss

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #1,383 of 1,423
Hopefully they will add it on their website soon and we can see the changes they've done. I thought they have stopped the support for it but I am glad they haven't. I got it as it as it came out and before that I had the W2. Really happy with it and has a great synergy with AA the Composer.
I reached out to Andrew at Music Teck and have the 1.0.1.8 bin file in hand. Says it will be on the website in a day or so. 1.0.1.8 release notes:

① FPGA hardware-accelerated tuning for Sennheiser IE900:

This feature utilizes the FPGA hardware capabilities to enhance the audio performance of the Sennheiser IE900 earphones.

② DSD512 hardware decoding support (W4 only):

This feature enables the device to decode DSD512 audio files directly in hardware, providing a more efficient and accurate playback experience. However, due to chip specification differences, this feature is only available on the W4 model.

③ Resolves flickering issue on some devices when paired with low-power iPhones:

This update addresses a compatibility issue that caused flickering on certain devices when connected to low-power iPhones.

④ Improves compatibility with third-party connection cables:

This enhancement expands the compatibility of the device with a wider range of third-party connection cables, ensuring a more reliable and consistent user experience.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #1,385 of 1,423
I reached out to Andrew at Music Teck and have the 1.0.1.8 bin file in hand. Says it will be on the website in a day or so. 1.0.1.8 release notes:

① FPGA hardware-accelerated tuning for Sennheiser IE900:

This feature utilizes the FPGA hardware capabilities to enhance the audio performance of the Sennheiser IE900 earphones.

② DSD512 hardware decoding support (W4 only):

This feature enables the device to decode DSD512 audio files directly in hardware, providing a more efficient and accurate playback experience. However, due to chip specification differences, this feature is only available on the W4 model.

③ Resolves flickering issue on some devices when paired with low-power iPhones:

This update addresses a compatibility issue that caused flickering on certain devices when connected to low-power iPhones.

④ Improves compatibility with third-party connection cables:

This enhancement expands the compatibility of the device with a wider range of third-party connection cables, ensuring a more reliable and consistent user experience.

That's the same change log as 1.0.1.6...

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #1,387 of 1,423
I think there are some minor changes. We shall see.

Although I'm not expecting it, custom PEQ like the new Neutron DAC would be a nice addition...

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #1,389 of 1,423
This is what Music Teck sent when I asked about the release update notes... I apologize if it is incorrect.

No problem at all and I didn't mean to imply anything. Sometimes change logs aren't very useful anyway. Just curious what actually changed... :wink:

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #1,393 of 1,423
Trying to update my W4 but the tool programme says no device is available so it will not find my device to update. I think that's because of my old laptop. It used to work before.
Could be. I updated mine last night with no issues. Used the same process as the Chinese YouTube video instructs. Same set up file as downloaded with the prior rar file but pointed to the new bin. USBC out of laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back