LZ A5
Jan 2, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #1,141 of 1,177
I was going to get these, but now I'm not so sure do to the photo. I don't like how far they stick out of your ear. I have to have a deeper fit, Can they be pushed in deeper?
Normally I prefer a deeper fit, but mine have just arrived and they are just fine.

I swapped out the ear tips for the Final E ones and the fit (for me) is more than acceptable.

I haven't had much chance to listen to them just yet, but they certainly do seem to be very detailed.

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #1,143 of 1,177
How do these compare to the LZ A4, anyone care to comment ?
There are a lot of variables at play for a 100% accurate comparison due to the filters.

But FWIW comparing the A4 with Black/black filters to the A6 with Black filter, the bass on the A4 is stronger, but the mids are better on the A6. The treble (and therefore the impression of detail) is considerably better on the A6.

It's just my opinion but I think the A6 is a big step up from the A5 as well. Opinions may differ and in all honesty I could never get s great fit with the A5 so this could well be a factor.

All in all I am very satisfied with the A6. To me it's the best iem I have heard from LZ and I own the A4, A5,A6 and Big Dipper (no switches).

I'd also go as far as to say it isn't completely outclassed by my other iems such as CA Solaris, EE Nemesis and ESR JH Audio 16v2pro and Lola, Noble K10u and Katana.

This is only my opinion. I think the A6 provides very decent audio quality for a very reasonable price.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #1,147 of 1,177
sect44: That is fantastic news. I forget which member here had a problem and they never responded to him. I've heard of problems like yours and others, but I am lucky that never happened to me. I bought my pair as soon as they were released and received the newer filters?

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #1,149 of 1,177
I just received my LZ A6 filter set (9 filters) which fit my A5. This set really provides a wide variety of sound signatures which you can't get from the original 4 filters that come standard with the A5. I highly recommend these. 9 filters for $45 at Penon Audio.

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #1,151 of 1,177
sect44: Yes there is. If you go to the A6 head-fi review and look at Group C the purple has the strongest reduction followed by the silver. I've been using the silver which to my ears give it a more neutral sound with a little treble lean. I first tried the purple but it was too dark sounding to me, as I do like some brightness.. Hope this helps a little, as I don't own any measuring equipment. Please be aware that it's "MY" ears and YMMV.

Jan 26, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,152 of 1,177
I just received my LZ A6 filter set (9 filters) which fit my A5. This set really provides a wide variety of sound signatures which you can't get from the original 4 filters that come standard with the A5. I highly recommend these. 9 filters for $45 at Penon Audio.

How did you buy the filters of the new A6?

I just looked at their website and I'm not able to find them, only the A5!

On the other hand, comment that I just sent email to the people of LZ Hi-fi Audio because I have problems with the connector on the right side. I hope they can give me a solution, because I just bought them a year ago and I love them.

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #1,153 of 1,177
sect44: Yes there is. If you go to the A6 head-fi review and look at Group C the purple has the strongest reduction followed by the silver. I've been using the silver which to my ears give it a more neutral sound with a little treble lean. I first tried the purple but it was too dark sounding to me, as I do like some brightness.. Hope this helps a little, as I don't own any measuring equipment. Please be aware that it's "MY" ears and YMMV.

Thanks, are purple and silver filters warmer than the red one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back