m....m...my mdp....
Sep 13, 2001 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
frown.gif

damn, those drops and dents are asking to much of her. not even a year old
frown.gif
she was getting more and more shock-sensitive and now there's just a lot of rattling, and unable-to-read errors
frown.gif
fraid I won't get any warranty seeing as how she's damaged allover...it was a rough year for her
frown.gif

I'm going to try tho, talk with some guys at the shop. maybe I can get it repaired free, not counting on it tho..

I've been eyeing the md-mt80 fro a while now tho. better battery life, 4 times as long anti-shock, reduced size and weight yet still 10mW...it's expensive and heavly gets in the way of my further plans of audio upgrades and purchases in general..

not sure what I'll do yet. I can swing it probably, take the hit with the parents and stuff...damn !

****, this wasn't planned man!
frown.gif

had to get this out, sry...

Sep 13, 2001 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 7
considering the disastrous events in the US, this is a minor problem ofcourse. don't want to offend anyone.

Sep 13, 2001 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 7
hongda, it was a chain store, Dixons.

and I'm not 100% sure on the 10mW, but thats what I've read in mt90 reviews. guess it will be the same for the mt80.

I'm afraid it will be expensive if the warranty doesn't cover it. had similar situations with casette players that had dropped one too many times. they even refused to send it back then. I'm pretty sure the lens mechanism it busted up, or at least out of line. it got a few dents that are obvioulsy caused by drops and bumbs...I'll see what I'll do saturday. don't want to be without portable music for weeks either. and the mt80 sounds like a nice upgrade.

damn, another portable that didn't last a year. I don't recall any portable that lasted more than 1.5 years with me. and even that one was replaced after about 6 months...

Sep 14, 2001 at 8:13 AM Post #7 of 7
yup. I want that one
smily_headphones1.gif
two things tho, the player wont be pocketsize anymore, so why not get a p-cdp then? and shipping overseas would skyrocket the price a bit
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm thinking of getting something like this tho:
caselogic_mdc-1.jpg

-room for 3 md's and a rechargeable battery
-lifelong warranty
-about 10$

just to put the player in when I put it in my backpack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back