Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 26, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #27,961 of 48,580
  They would pretty much be the same, sound wise. Comfort should be the same as well and build quality the same but just different color White with red ring or black with red ring.

I'd expect some difference in something since, as near as I can tell, the G4ME One (available in white & black) and PC360 (available in black) are both current models.  If they are pretty much identical, I'd be surprised if a company would keep multiple skus (but companies have certainly done things that surprised me before).

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #27,962 of 48,580
They're the same headphone. Sennheiser was even so lazy, they didn't change anything in their descriptions other than the images.

At it seems you haven't been paying attention to AKG. They've released essentially the same headphones time and time again.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #27,964 of 48,580
They're the same headphone. Sennheiser was even so lazy, they didn't change anything in their descriptions other than the images.

At it seems you haven't been paying attention to AKG. They've released essentially the same headphones time and time again.

Thanks.  Nope, I haven't been following AKG (or much of anyone else).  In general, I'm not a big headphone fan but sometimes I need to use headphones (with a mic).  I recently bought a set of Logitech G430 after reading lots of gaming site reviews but the mic sucks and the headband is uncomfortable (too narrow for the weight) so they are going back and I did some more research and decided I'd spend the money for something better.

For the price-point, the Sennheisers seem to be a very good option.

Given reviews and Sennheiser's experience with aviation headsets, I expect the G4ME/PC360 should be comfortable for long periods and have a good mic (and good sound quality).

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #27,965 of 48,580
^humbaug?

A bit less than scum, a bit more than meh. We use it for anything cheaty and/or unpleasant here, and so do people in Germany, I believe (the origins) :D

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #27,966 of 48,580
Hey guys which one you guys think it's best for positioning audio like pinpoiting footstep positions etc the AKG 612 PRO or AKG 7xx or neither?

Also I will be using whichever one I buy with the MixAmp should I get an amp to power them?

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #27,967 of 48,580
  1]Hey guys which one you guys think it's best for positioning audio like pinpoiting footstep positions etc the AKG 612 PRO or AKG 7xx or neither?

2]Also I will be using whichever one I buy with the MixAmp should I get an amp to power them?

1] Both are great. K612 would probably win in positioning footsteps [competitive]. Both are very good though and the K7XX should be a bit more fun in return.
2] For the K612 yes, for the K7XX it is recommended.

Bottom line - both are great, The K612 is a great headphone for the price, while the K7XX should be a bargain for their relative price respectively.

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #27,968 of 48,580
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone here for their advice; delighted to say I finally decided on my first pair of headphones!

Ordered the AKG K612 Pro, including shipping etc for just under £100. I still think the X2 sounds better, but as I'm completely new to this I'm not sure I'd hear the relative shortcomings of the K612 as much as you guys. Plus, the X2 would have cost £130 more which I just can't justify yet.

Absolutely can't wait for them to arrive!

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #27,969 of 48,580
then, can someone please help me? I have an xbox one and wear a Turtle Beach EarForce DSS2 to use my headphones, I wanted to use the microphone on the xbox one, will be that buying a cable type thishttp://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-608266597-adaptador-p2-divisor-ou-splitter-para-fone-de-ouvido-35mm-_JM will work?
PS: I'm sorry the Brazilian Portuguese Please help me, do not want to buy the stereo adapter to connect the control.

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #27,970 of 48,580
then, can someone please help me? I have an xbox one and wear a Turtle Beach EarForce DSS2 to use my headphones, I wanted to use the microphone on the xbox one, will be that buying a cable type thishttp://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-608266597-adaptador-p2-divisor-ou-splitter-para-fone-de-ouvido-35mm-_JM will work?
PS: I'm sorry the Brazilian Portuguese Please help me, do not want to buy the stereo adapter to connect the control.

The only way to use a mic without purchasing the adapter is to mod the headset that came with the xbox one.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #27,973 of 48,580
@conquerator2 Thanks! I want for competitive indeed the 612 pros would beat any other akg right? 

Also could u recommend me an amp I was looking on to these https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/product-category/headphone-amplifiers/ but I really have no knowledge on Amp's If u could give me an extra help would be marvelous <3333 merry xmas! every1

edit: I will be using on MixAmp for consoles need somethin tha will be port compatible!

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #27,974 of 48,580
  @conquerator2 Thanks! I want for competitive indeed the 612 pros would beat any other akg right? 

Also could u recommend me an amp I was looking on to these https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/product-category/headphone-amplifiers/ but I really have no knowledge on Amp's If u could give me an extra help would be marvelous <3333 merry xmas! every1

edit: I will be using on MixAmp for consoles need somethin tha will be port compatible!

Schiit Magni is an often recommended favorite.
The K812 would probably beat the K612 for competitive, or even possibly the Q/K701/2 because of less bass. You only asked about the K7XX 
smily_headphones1.gif

The K612 is still relatively balanced, while the Q701, K701 & K702 would probably have a slight bass deficiency in comparison. Therefore, I would recommend the K612.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #27,975 of 48,580
@conquerator2 Yes, I know! Imma do some research on the k812. I want the best for competitive heard the best were 612 pro/k7xx thats why asked only about them but hey I will be glad if u have any other suggestion!

And also check price for the Schiit Magni seems nice does it require a port adapter? the in/out looks bigg

edit: nevermind k812 1,000$ lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back