Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 20, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #48,256 of 48,579
Just checking in on you guys.

I went and replayed Control, then played Vengeful Guardian Moonrider (very 16bit Genesis style Megaman X/Shinobi 3 fusion), and then now I'm playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

I'm really not sure what I want to play until Atomic Hearts comes out on Games Pass.

Also not sure, but I feel Kena may be set top stereo? I'm not getting Atmos to work on it.

I need to migrate Redscape to my pc again.
Did you play Guardian of the Galaxy as you might know it supports Atmos. Kinda a fun rump. Also, your gameplay milage may vary but Callisto Protocol has an amazing audio mix.

Jan 20, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #48,257 of 48,579
Did you play Guardian of the Galaxy as you might know it supports Atmos. Kinda a fun rump. Also, your gameplay milage may vary but Callisto Protocol has an amazing audio mix.
Yeah I played GotG actually not that long ago (weeks ago really). Great audio mix.

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #48,258 of 48,579
Finished Kena. Now...hmmm not sure what to play next. Maybe I'll do a pc playthrough of Spoodermen. I'm just waiting on Square Enix to drop the price of Star Ocean: The Divine Force to half off before I commit.

Either my pc settings were off, or I didn't find Kena to have a good surround mix. Very decent game though. Almost felt like a game that would've came out in the early 2000s. In a good way. We need more AA platformers. AAA is too far apart. Solid AA titles allows gaming to survive.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #48,259 of 48,579
Finished Kena. Now...hmmm not sure what to play next. Maybe I'll do a pc playthrough of Spoodermen. I'm just waiting on Square Enix to drop the price of Star Ocean: The Divine Force to half off before I commit.

Either my pc settings were off, or I didn't find Kena to have a good surround mix. Very decent game though. Almost felt like a game that would've came out in the early 2000s. In a good way. We need more AA platformers. AAA is too far apart. Solid AA titles allows gaming to survive.

Did you happen to play the FF7 remake on PC? Really good audio there too, plus it's fun :)

Btw, any opinion on this? https://smyth-research.com/ - the Realiser A16

Jan 30, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #48,261 of 48,579
Did you happen to play the FF7 remake on PC? Really good audio there too, plus it's fun :)

Btw, any opinion on this? https://smyth-research.com/ - the Realiser A16
FFVII is my fave game of all time. I have it Playstation. Unfortunately the PC version has some bad optimization issues, that I ended up refunding it.

As for the game itself... I'm one of the very few who doesn't like the battle system. Go figure. Excited for the story that comes after, but I didn't enjoy it the first's gameplay all that much.

Currently playing Marvel Midnight Suns which I am enjoying.

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #48,265 of 48,579
Ended up getting a Koss KPH40 for fun after having used the KSC75 for a long time. Didn't end up liking them quite as much (a tad muffled sounding compared to the KSC75 albeit still decent). Ended up slapping the KSC75's on the KPH40 headband and now I even have the ability to slap on the Antlion Modmic for when I need some voice chat (this was the plan all along if I didn't end up using the KPH40)

The new gaming setup 👌

20230204_203755.jpg

20230204_203951.jpg

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #48,268 of 48,579
Might be of interest here also.

https://antlionaudio.com/collections/kimura

Noticed this when watching YouTube, Antlion who makes the gaming microphone Modmic for headphones have gaming IEMs now.
They also sells the cable by itself.

1 that's a single BA and a BA + DD. They look great, but who knows about how they is sound wise :thinking:

housing_blue_1024x1024.pngSolo_1024x1024.pngLaydown_Hero_Cable_Mic_1024x1024.png

Screenshot 2023-02-05 213022.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back