Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 17, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #31,430 of 48,580
  What's 9500?

Philips SHP9500.

I know the AD700 has really no bass so for gaming it wouldn't be a good choice.  I heard the HD700 so better bass.  

If you're wanting bass then the AD700 isn't the headphone to choose, it's all about soundstage and positional queues. Bass can have a negative impact on those in many cases, which is why most "pro headsets" focus on highs and their associated details.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #31,431 of 48,580

Philips SHP9500.

If you're wanting bass then the AD700 isn't the headphone to choose, it's all about soundstage and positional queues. Bass can have a negative impact on those in many cases, which is why most "pro headsets" focus on highs and their associated details.

Yea I had the AD700 before, and it literally has no "bass" whatsoever, plus it's uncomfortable on my head, even though it has no clamping force.  But the size and how the 3d wings are, they just don't sit on the head very well cause it's really loose and big , looks ugly on my head.
And the Senn HD700 on the other hand is way better.  It might not have as big as soundstage as the AD700, but it's really close.  But the comfort is just insane, it's p rob the best comfortable headphone  out there.  In term of look, it def looks good on your head, the only headphone that looks better
on the head is the HD800.  So for 6 years+ of trying to find the best gaming headphones with good bass, huge soundstage, comfortable, lightweight and good looking, the HD700 is the one.  There's not a single headphone out there that has all of these, except the HD800, but the HD800 is $1500 compare to $500, and the HD800 is a bit less comfortable than the HD700, but the HD800 is better good looking.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #31,432 of 48,580
I too used to find the HD700 to be the single most comfortable headphone I'd ever worn. But in the end the sound just didn't click with me the way I wanted. I'm a planar lover and that's been true since I first heard the Mad Dogs. Thankfully the MrSpeakers Ether has comfort that rivals, and possibly surpasses, the HD700 on my head. Great soundstage, awesome bass, and I think it looks gorgeous as well. I'm anxious for mine to finally ship later this month.

And I'll be able to use my Ether with the BoomPro thanks to @cCasper TFG 

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #31,433 of 48,580
  I too used to find the HD700 to be the single most comfortable headphone I'd ever worn. But in the end the sound just didn't click with me the way I wanted. I'm a planar lover and that's been true since I first heard the Mad Dogs. Thankfully the MrSpeakers Ether has comfort that rivals, and possibly surpasses, the HD700 on my head. Great soundstage, awesome bass, and I think it looks gorgeous as well. I'm anxious for mine to finally ship later this month.

And I'll be able to use my Ether with the BoomPro thanks to @cCasper TFG 

Imo, all MrSpeakers headphones look ugly as hell to be honest.  And i think all planar headphones are really heavy compare to dynamic.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #31,434 of 48,580
  Imo, all MrSpeakers headphones look ugly as hell to be honest.  And i think all planar headphones are really heavy compare to dynamic.

At 370g my HE400i were 10g less than the X2 and 60g less than the X1. Sure they're heavier than the Q701 and other dynamics but I had no issue with the HE400i's weight at all. The Ether is also 370g and it does an amazing job displacing that weight evenly over the top of the head, even better than the HE400i does.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #31,435 of 48,580

At 370g my HE400i were 10g less than the X2 and 60g less than the X1. Sure they're heavier than the Q701 and other dynamics but I had no issue with the HE400i's weight at all. The Ether is also 370g and it does an amazing job displacing that weight evenly over the top of the head, even better than the HE400i does.

Yea that's one of the reason why I didn't get the X2, heavy and big and bulky.

The SEnn HD800 is the best looking headphone in the world imo.  I just don't get why other companies don't try to do headphones shape like that.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #31,436 of 48,580
  Yea that's one of the reason why I didn't get the X2, heavy and big and bulky.

The SEnn HD800 is the best looking headphone in the world imo.  I just don't get why other companies don't try to do headphones shape like that.

The X2 doesn't seem to do as well displacing the weight and it ended up giving me headaches near my crown after extended gaming sessions.

This is where I'm going to echo your thoughts on MrSpeakers' designs, I don't like the design of the HD800. It looks like it's backwards whenever people wear it properly and it's more comfortable backwards as well. The HD800 does nothing for me aesthetically. The HD700 spanks it in style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back