Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 8, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #48,196 of 48,566
Well, think about it like this:

Us here know that the PS5 can accept dac/amps, but it has a low volume outpout so you need a pretty beefy amplifier to mitigate the low output.

If you're used to this, then that's what you can expect in PC mode. You'll be pushing the volume harder. I would say that's the bigger difference. It's not going to sound 'worse'. It's just that the PS version is tuned to work for PS where the volume output is higher, meaning the amps aren't pushed as hard, meaning less possible distortion, etc.

If you have an Xbox and PS, I would still suggest the Xbox Maxwell, of course.

If you do not have an Xbox, there's no real reason why you should get that option.
Thank you Actually I thought just the opposite, the Series X has a low volume output, interesting and of course it makes sense. Yes I own both but I do use my PS5 more.
I know this might be too soon to ask but would it be possible to also purchase the PS5 USB receiver as well. Although this costs an arm and a leg already. :slight_smile: or I wouldn't even notice the difference.

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #48,197 of 48,566
If it's headsets, they're usually very efficient. But yeah, you may be maxing out volume on the harder to drive stuff you may have. Your headsets should be fine with Fulla.
Sennheiser 560s Is one of them another is Beyerdynamic. But I do have other headsets which have the Mics built in. Pc38x for example although a Dac isn't really needed for that one.

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #48,199 of 48,566
@Mad Lust Envy Can I connect the Xbox model w/ a USB-C cable to the PS5?
Don't see why not. It's a general usb audio, so it should work. Of course, there's the disclaimer that we never know what Sony may do in the future. It's entirely possible they lock out general usb audio in some way. But for now, it's not the case.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #48,200 of 48,566
Maybe a dumb quesiton here but I'm gonna ask it anyways. Pure PC player. Never payed for atmos. If i want to give it a go I should get the xbox version correct? It looks like atmos is listed as a feature for PC provided you purchase the xbox version.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #48,201 of 48,566
Maybe a dumb quesiton here but I'm gonna ask it anyways. Pure PC player. Never payed for atmos. If i want to give it a go I should get the xbox version correct? It looks like atmos is listed as a feature for PC provided you purchase the xbox version.
It would be cheaper to get PS version and buy the Dolby License separately from windows store. Unless you're going to play on Xbox, I still would recommend PS version otherwise.

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #48,203 of 48,566
Don't see why not. It's a general usb audio, so it should work. Of course, there's the disclaimer that we never know what Sony may do in the future. It's entirely possible they lock out general usb audio in some way. But for now, it's not the case.
Thanks! I don't think USB C is going anywhere on PS5 since PS VR2 is connected with one USB-C. In theory I can connect the Maxwell to the PS5 via USB-C cable and bypass the Xbox dongle. However sounds like the PS5 dongle provides additional amplification. Thanks again for the transparency. I play more on the PS5 so im still weighing if I use the Maxell just for PS5 and my wired headphones on XsX. I like the utilitarian look of the Maxwell.

Curious would you sell a separate PS5 dongle or too soon to say?

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #48,204 of 48,566
Is there any headphone better than Mobius ? I own a Mobius but the headband snapped.

In the event I couldn't get a replacement from the distributor , I would have to buy a new headphone.

Any recommendations ?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #48,208 of 48,566
Thanks! I don't think USB C is going anywhere on PS5 since PS VR2 is connected with one USB-C. In theory I can connect the Maxwell to the PS5 via USB-C cable and bypass the Xbox dongle. However sounds like the PS5 dongle provides additional amplification. Thanks again for the transparency. I play more on the PS5 so im still weighing if I use the Maxell just for PS5 and my wired headphones on XsX. I like the utilitarian look of the Maxwell.

Curious would you sell a separate PS5 dongle or too soon to say?
I'm not personally sure on how, but it's something more like, unless a device accounts for the low output voltage on the PS5, most things will have too little signal output from the system and will need brute forcing by amplification. Things made for PS5 won't have this issue, because they either take that into account, or the system sends out the proper voltage. Again, not sure.

It's not about amplification here. I mean it IS a wireless dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back