Magni noise problem (beep'ish sound) or ?
Apr 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xPhoenix

New Head-Fier
So, I just got my Magni / Modi stack today and tried to test it out! It works beautifully if not for 1 problem.. Every 35-40 secs there comes a beep'ish sound (i've got the noise recorded and uploaded on soundcloud <-- ) This problem happens on both my ATH m50 and my Sennheiser Momentum (using the 6.3 adapter that came with the m50 to connect the momentums to the magni). I tried disconnecting the magni from everything except the power to see if any of the cables were the problem or the dac, but the noise still appears every 35-40 secs ( even with volume turned all the way down ). The beepish sound doesnt get louder nor does it get quieter when turning the volume knob. The sound is louder on the left ear cup on both headphones! 

The headphones work perfectly when not connected to the magni (when not using 6.3 adapter that was included with the M50) 

Anyone know if this is a result of the 6.3 adapter that was included with the M50 being broken or is it the Magni thats defective ? I don't have any other 6.3 adapters lying around so I can't check if its the adapter or not until monday when my DT770 Pro arrive. But any ideas ? Would be a pain in the ass to ship it back to Schiit <.< especially after paying 55$ on shipping =/

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Found out what the problem was...My wireless network card in my desktop (about 15-20cm below where the magni was placed) was creating an interference.. moved the magni 0.5m to the left/right and the noise was gone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back