Maintaining Classified Ads
Nov 17, 2010 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Mr.Sneis

Headphoneus Supremus
So now that we are on a new classified's system how are you guys dealing with not being able to bump your threads every few days?  I think it's fine for really quick sales, but what about those high dollar rarities that may takes weeks or months to sell?

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 11
I really dislike the new classified system, along with not being able to bump the threads anymore. It makes it a lot more difficult to sell things.

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 11
I kinda like the fact that things aren't over bumped and that it's a little easier to organize.  I do wish people that sell their items would mark it sold so it wouldn't appear as for sale.  Search wise I find it is more fine tuned and useful.  On the other hand, I do find that the price system is too US-centric with the pricing system.

One reason I like the lack of bumps is that now I have more incentive to go through more than the first page of the for sale section to see other ads that were not bumped but still available.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
I also like how the ads are sorted by creation date, without all the bumped stuff. Probably my favourite feature of the new Head-Fi! :D

Sarcasm?

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
I also like how the ads are sorted by creation date, without all the bumped stuff. Probably my favourite feature of the new Head-Fi! :D

I like it if I'm buying but for selling it's terrible.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:

One reason I like the lack of bumps is that now I have more incentive to go through more than the first page of the for sale section to see other ads that were not bumped but still available.

But a casual user usually only meanders around the first few pages... if you're lucky!

So then, is it feasible then to delete your listing and re-make it?  I know craigslist for instance has a policy against this!

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, I think the new system is moronic. I've had my WTB ads just fall off the front page in a few days tops, never to be seen or heard of again. I think my DT48 ad is still floating around out there somewhere, but of course I haven't gotten a single PM in the nearly two months it's been up. With the old system, I'd have at least gotten a few offers by now unless it's something really rare.

The new classified ads system and the new feedback system are just really unnecessary in my opinion.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #10 of 11
not that I've used the system (i have nothing to sell
frown.gif
) but as sellers you should have the option to bump lets say once a week...

makes sense to me anyway

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #11 of 11
You guys can bump. You just have to sort by "Date Modifited" or whatever it's called to see them. I preffer having the two options, but I wish we could sae our default sorting methods in out profile preferences. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back