MAJOR PROBLEM WITH LINUX
Jul 14, 2018 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

theaudiologist

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there. I have a linux distro called nitrux OS running on my Macbook pro (based off ubuntu with KDE Plasma home). so one day I connect my external hard drive to my computer, and listen through ANY music player and NOTHING comes out. on deadbeef, i have to resample to 48khz max to be able to play, but my macbook's DAC can handle 96khz, and no other music player outputs ANYTHING, just DEAD SILENCE. is there any way to play music at 24/96 like my mac's dac was intended to? also, i want this stupid SPDIF light to turn off and want the headphone out to work properly! also, how can i play DSD? and what's the best linux music player?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 3
hmmm 13th revision, on the 1st release version.... Its not probably developed well, but the audio controls, and stuff has always been weak with the linux distros. If they copy across the same sound stack that was used in ubuntu, the digital connections are by default the sound connections. What you'll have to do is select the correct hardware in the mixer settings. Btw, those people haven't meet my demands yet for a correct audio panel. They need to set up so we can disable the resampling, and be able to set sampling rates on internal cards and usb devices without having to edit configuration files.

Let me guess: You have a mac that you can't use the current MacOs?

I have a mac pro tower like that. I took a hard drive, installed windows 7 on a different computer, then used sysprep to roll back the installation to the point of hardware detection, then put it in the mac. It takes a couple of minutes to boot up (so the proprietary hardware times out) then it switches into real hardware mode, and initiates the mbr boot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back