Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set
Apr 5, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 25
I'd like to compare these to my Brainwavz B100, cause your words seem to describe both the iems...

I'm curious as to that too, although my last pair of Brainwavz lasted maybe a month before dying. My current pair of Marshall Modes seem to be on their last legs as the left earphone is now cutting off on a regular basis. Total bummer. I definitely prefer IEMs to over-ears for commute, work and travel but every single pair I buy dies on me for one reason or another. Meanwhile my PM-3s are built like a tank (knock on wood.)

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #17 of 25
I"m curious about them, can you guys really compare to brainwarz b100 ? Anyone have both ? @Luigi Milazzo @PopZeus

Nov 17, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #18 of 25
Resurrecting this thread to ask, is anyone else still rocking with these? I’ve been in an IEM-buying spiral this year, from IT01s to Comets to E5000 and DM6 but I keep going back to these. They have a kind of dry graininess that I crave.i have the non-EQ ones, and I don’t wish for the extra bass that the EQ model might provide.

I think they’re best with rock music, but I enjoy hip hop and breakbeat stuff on them as well. Also enjoy the small form-factor as I can’t always be bothered with ear-filling IEMS.

Currently in a hammock and blissing out to Can’s Future Days on them. OP is correct: a very underrated set.

Nov 18, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #19 of 25
My wife used a pair of the non-eq version and they sound really great, specially considering that you quite likely will get it for a cheaper price than its MSRP. Silicone eartips included give awesome isolation by the way, they are so good that I even used it in my Triple Drivers. Eq version might better for hip hop and bass heavy music though.

Nov 18, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #20 of 25
Tbh, the tips on the Modes are kinda thin so the bass tends to get drowned out easily on a noisy train. But in my house or the office where it's quieter, the Modes shine. The slight treble lift is a touch crispy (considering the price it's a non-issue) but actually nicely detailed and fun while also non-fatiguing.
It's quite strange what you say about e eartips since I found them very comfortable and isolating as I just wrote in my previous reply. Maybe different stock?

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #21 of 25
I've had the Non EQ Modes for nearly two years and they sound amazing. I sold the 1more Triple drivers for them as they sounded way too flat for my taste.

I recently tried all the Campfire range due to their plaudits recently but even the highest end versions left me wanting to go back to the sound of the Modes.

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #22 of 25
I've had the Non EQ Modes for nearly two years and they sound amazing. I sold the 1more Triple drivers for them as they sounded way too flat for my taste.

I recently tried all the Campfire range due to their plaudits recently but even the highest end versions left me wanting to go back to the sound of the Modes.

Idem, bought them almost 5 years ago, few days ago i found them in a drawer and I spent the past three days listening to them. For the price they have now (on Amazon) is a must buy for anyone looking for a budget iem.

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #23 of 25
Resurrecting this thread to ask, is anyone else still rocking with these? I’ve been in an IEM-buying spiral this year, from IT01s to Comets to E5000 and DM6 but I keep going back to these. They have a kind of dry graininess that I crave.i have the non-EQ ones, and I don’t wish for the extra bass that the EQ model might provide.

I think they’re best with rock music, but I enjoy hip hop and breakbeat stuff on them as well. Also enjoy the small form-factor as I can’t always be bothered with ear-filling IEMS.

Currently in a hammock and blissing out to Can’s Future Days on them. OP is correct: a very underrated set.

I was reading again and found something I couldn't be more agree. That dry graininess you mentioned, like when you are 5 meters away from a Marshall valve amp and you hit a power chord in an electric guitar plugged into it. I love that.

Jan 23, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #24 of 25
Another bump. I didn't expect much out of these...but I am extremely pleased. Smooth throughout the frequency spectrum. The EQ switch is especially awesome for someone like me....who tends to shuffle the entire library. Depending on genre...a flip to the more bass heavy side is awfully fun.

Keep in mind...you can get the EQ version of these for $20-$30 easily. That's as much of a steal as you are going to find.

Did I mention that they are also a sharp looking bud?

Also...lol...second post on this site. First was in December of 2011...!!! Anywho...I've had quite a bit to discuss, so I'll definitely be more active.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 25
OMG! What a hidden budget gem the Marshall Mode EQs are. They are the sort of freak item you buy just for because they are cheap and for curiosity not expecting anything but damn, they are good. They sound significantly better than any budget iem I have compared them to, that is Final E2000, Moondrop SSP, Tanchjim Tanya or even Shure SE215. I got them for around 20 USD and for that price they are absolutely brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back