Martin Logan Headphones...Whaaaat?
Mar 28, 2002 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
http://www.audioweb.com/Ad/AdInfo.asp?adid=111987

Maaaan....Id like to try out those
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 15
I think those are speakers. Where did you get the idea they were headphones?

edit: I see...it looks like they were misfiled under electrostatic headphones instead of electrostatic speakers. lol

Mar 29, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 15
And I thought you were cracking a good joke... now you've given yourself away, Tim
very_evil_smiley.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 29, 2002 at 2:37 PM Post #7 of 15
mmm.........Martin Logan headphones, sort of sounds 'natural'
to me ,as in 'of course, never heard of them?'

setmenu

Mar 29, 2002 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 15
The only Martin Logans that are worth their salt is the CLS. That is a pure full range electrostatic panel and sounds wonderful!

The rest of their speakers are poorly mated to a dynamic woofer and they have made too many compromises in the name of marketing breakthroughs. You can do a better job yourself of mating external subs to the CLS and end up with WAY better sound.

The only problem with ML CLS is the limited dynamic range. They're only 86db/W efficient and will only handle 200W.

Pretty much a similar experience that one finds with the K1000's.

Cheers!

Mar 29, 2002 at 4:17 PM Post #9 of 15
Kwkarth
You have listenened and passed judgement on every Logan
model then?

Wow!

Never would have guessed all their models bar the CLS weren't
up to it from what others have had to say!

Thanks for the warning dude.

Will have to avoid those logans like the plague now!

Setmenu
wink.gif
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by setmenu
Kwkarth
You have listenened and passed judgement on every Logan
model then?
Wow!
Never would have guessed all their models bar the CLS weren't
up to it from what others have had to say!
Thanks for the warning dude.
Will have to avoid those logans like the plague now!
Setmenu
wink.gif
wink.gif

Ahem... I guess I overstated, and I think you overreacted. Sorry. Do you do this often? I would never tell anyone NOT to listen! My goodness, you should know that our audio pursuits are super subjective. If you like'em, buy 'em! No skin off my nose. There are certainly worse sounding speakers you could plunk your money down on. As a matter of fact, most ML's probably sound better than 95% of all other speakers on the market, so we're talking pretty rarified atmosphere here. BUT in that rarified atmosphere, the CLS stands alone for it's pristine approach.

Cheers!

Mar 29, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth

Ahem... I guess I overstated, and I think you overreacted. Sorry. Do you do this often? I would never tell anyone NOT to listen! My goodness, you should know that our audio pursuits are super subjective. If you like'em, buy 'em! No skin off my nose. There are certainly worse sounding speakers you could plunk your money down on. As a matter of fact, most ML's probably sound better than 95% of all other speakers on the market, so we're talking pretty rarified atmosphere here. BUT in that rarified atmosphere, the CLS stands alone for it's pristine approach.

Cheers!

Hey Kwkarth......hehe......noted the
wink.gif

I am very familiar with stamping around cursing minute details,
as a sculptor I fret over the tiniest details, nobody else will even
notice!

Setmenu
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #12 of 15
I have heard the CLS drive by Audio Reserch amp & pre with CAL CD as sourse but that was for only about 3 mins about 12yrs ago but it made an amazing impression on me. So much so that I still revel in panel speakers to the point that I talked my company into offering the Eminent Technology speakers for computer use...

Which segueways very nicely into ML's as headphones...
wink.gif

The LFT-11's are small-ish for speakers but are large and heavy for headphones, but some of that is due to the base which could be removed. Sound is very good with the passsive sub - but ET also offers a panel for use in car audio that may lend itself to head-SPEAKER (not -phone) and may be in the K-1000 class as a DIY project. Worth looking at anyway.

http://www.eminent-tech.com

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #15 of 15
Search and ye shall find. Those cans sound better with copper recable anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back