MASS-Kobo Model 465 Is In The House!
Apr 18, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #76 of 100
And it comes in a fitted Pelican Case. Awesome!

IMG_5950.jpeg
IMG_5955.jpeg
IMG_5947.jpeg

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #77 of 100
Finally got my MK 465! Only listened to it for around 20-30 minutes but so far it has a nice warmth to its sound. It also seems to have some lushness to the mids but will have to listen more to confirm that. Only really used Tungsten on it so far.
At Canjam NYC I tried many amps with Susvara including AIC-10, 465, Viva 845, and Susvara on 465 was my highlight of the show. 465 gave Sus a nice warmth, plenty of dynamics, and the cleanest I have ever heard it. Can't wait to try Sus on it this weekend at home.

Great pics! This is actually the first time I've noticed that cat on the faceplate beneath the volume knob!

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #83 of 100
congratulations @Frankie D on your new toy :) I will be going from a Holo Bliss to the 465 myself and I hope to have mine by end of August. I would love to hear your thoughts comparing the Bliss to the 465. are you planning to keep both?
Thank you. Yes, planning on keeping both. I like the Holo Stack. Honestly though, I never thought I would have the MK465 this soon, but I do like the Bliss as a good totl baseline.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #84 of 100
Thank you. Yes, planning on keeping both. I like the Holo Stack. Honestly though, I never thought I would have the MK465 this soon, but I do like the Bliss as a good totl baseline.
Dude I ordered in late november/early december haha. Just got it. You ordered it like a few weeks ago and also just got it. Very lucky,

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #85 of 100
Dude I ordered in late november/early december haha. Just got it. You ordered it like a few weeks ago and also just got it. Very lucky,
I also got very lucky and got mine after a few weeks as well.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it with the Susvara.

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #86 of 100
Figured I would give a bit of an update.

Ended up connnecting my Empyrean to see how it sounds on the 465. My 465 is still connected to my DAC by the RCA connection and my Empy is using the 6.5mm output on the Bliss and the MK465. The gain set at MID was best for it. If I leave the music off, set it to high gain and turn the volume knob to 3/4 you can hear a hum. At the MID gain setting it is silent up to max volume. I was using volume levels below 1/2 at MID gain and matched on the Bliss ( -27 on the Bliss if you have one ).

Listening to “Maybe” by Alison Krauss her voice sounds better - fuller on the 465. It is very slight. Bass on the 465 is a bit fuller as well. Not just the leading edge, but the sustain as well. At this point ( maybe 12 hours or so ) it is the foundation of the bass that is making the largest difference. Alison can also get pretty high if you know what I mean and both the Bliss and the 465 will portray it and not hide it.

On “Empty Hearts,” played softly, the 465 brought me more into the song. Alison’s soft beginning sounded intoxicating. At 1:15 in as she shows just a touch of her full voice it is ever so slightly more refined on the 465. At 1:50 the background details are clear and a part of the track. All there on the Bliss, but just a hair more resolved and beautiful on the 465.

I am mildly surprised how good the Empy sounds on both of them. It scales well, but I did not think the touch warmer presentation of the 465 would agree with it. Somehow it does. Pretty cool.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #87 of 100
Figured I would give a bit of an update.

Ended up connnecting my Empyrean to see how it sounds on the 465. My 465 is still connected to my DAC by the RCA connection and my Empy is using the 6.5mm output on the Bliss and the MK465. The gain set at MID was best for it. If I leave the music off, set it to high gain and turn the volume knob to 3/4 you can hear a hum. At the MID gain setting it is silent up to max volume. I was using volume levels below 1/2 at MID gain and matched on the Bliss ( -27 on the Bliss if you have one ).

Listening to “Maybe” by Alison Krauss her voice sounds better - fuller on the 465. It is very slight. Bass on the 465 is a bit fuller as well. Not just the leading edge, but the sustain as well. At this point ( maybe 12 hours or so ) it is the foundation of the bass that is making the largest difference. Alison can also get pretty high if you know what I mean and both the Bliss and the 465 will portray it and not hide it.

On “Empty Hearts,” played softly, the 465 brought me more into the song. Alison’s soft beginning sounded intoxicating. At 1:15 in as she shows just a touch of her full voice it is ever so slightly more refined on the 465. At 1:50 the background details are clear and a part of the track. All there on the Bliss, but just a hair more resolved and beautiful on the 465.

I am mildly surprised how good the Empy sounds on both of them. It scales well, but I did not think the touch warmer presentation of the 465 would agree with it. Somehow it does. Pretty cool.
Please try listening to some sitar music, or even Nusrhat Fati Ali Khan! Frankie, you know they're my peeps!

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #88 of 100
Please try listening to some sitar music, or even Nusrhat Fati Ali Khan! Frankie, you know they're my peeps!

I looked this guy up. I think he is singing in an Italian Calibrese dialect!

My MK-465 shut off and said no. I play music!

I forced it and “Dum Mustt” has a deep heavy beginning.

“Ali Dum Dum De Ander” Based on the title, I thought he was calling me out!

“Dam Dam Ali”. Sounds like an attempt at EDM.

“The Face of Love” I like the beginning.

We need to have a discussion about your eclectic taste. I don’t think I’m allowed to eat beef after listening to this!😢

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #89 of 100
Another quick update. I had my MK-465 connected via the RCA inputs from my Holo May DAC. I had to use High Gain on the 465 to reach the volume range I prefer.

I received a Benchmark XLR cable and connected it. As the Holo May outputs 6V on the XLR outputs vs 3V on the RCA outputs I can now run the Susvara in MID gain. I run the volume anywhere from under 1/2 to a max of 3/4 ( too loud ) at this gain level. The Empyrean moved down to LOW gain.

IEMs still operate on Low Gain and don’t go past 1/4 turn. The Bliss has an advantage here as there are many more volume control levels.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #90 of 100
Another quick update. I had my MK-465 connected via the RCA inputs from my Holo May DAC. I had to use High Gain on the 465 to reach the volume range I prefer.

I received a Benchmark XLR cable and connected it. As the Holo May outputs 6V on the XLR outputs vs 3V on the RCA outputs I can now run the Susvara in MID gain. I run the volume anywhere from under 1/2 to a max of 3/4 ( too loud ) at this gain level. The Empyrean moved down to LOW gain.

IEMs still operate on Low Gain and don’t go past 1/4 turn. The Bliss has an advantage here as there are many more volume control levels.
Thanks for the updates keep em coming please. Mass kobo 394 ll or the 465 is on my radar this year. I technically bought the 394ll. Mimic didn't update their website and the unit is technically not for sale. Mimic was nice to offer me a upgrade to a 465 with a nice lil discount or wait till 394ll goes back on sale, once Masuda finds a replacement for a part that is no longer available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back