Master Clock Talk
Dec 31, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #451 of 3,375
@roberto2 lent me his OCK-2 during two weeks, so I could compare it to my OCK-1.

I compared them with two setups :
- EtherRegen (+10 mhz) > Allo USBridge Sig > Di-20 HE (+10 mhz) > R26 (+10 mhz)
- EtherRegen (+10 mhz) > R26 (+10 mhz)

Most of the time, there was no audible difference between the clocks. It was impossible to hear a difference on instrumental tracks or on male voices.
Only on some tracks with female voices, I could hear a very small difference of timbre on the voice of the singer, and the sound of the OCK-2 was very slightly smoother.
But I could not hear a difference on other tracks with female voices.

To confirm my conclusions, I submitted Mrs. Dandoudou to a blind test. It was an A/B comparison between the clocks, with 5 tracks of different female singers.
She said that the sound of the two clocks was the same. On two tracks, she preferred the OCK-2 and said the voice of the singer was slightly smoother. On one track, she said that the sound with the OCK-1 was better.

Yesterday, @roberto2 and me compared the clocks on his system that is as following :
- EtherRegen (+10 mhz) > SoTM streamer > Di-20 HE (+10 mhz) > Terminator Plus

We played a few tracks, and could not notice a difference in sound between the clocks.

Following these experiences, I can say that OCK-1 owners have no reason to upgrade to OCK-2, unless they need more outputs.
It is a Denafrips Terminator, not the Plus! 😎

Dec 31, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #452 of 3,375
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #453 of 3,375
Could be interesting comparison with Paul Pang Master clock.

Dec 31, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #454 of 3,375
@roberto2 lent me his OCK-2 during two weeks, so I could compare it to my OCK-1.

I compared them with two setups :
- EtherRegen (+10 mhz) > Allo USBridge Sig > Di-20 HE (+10 mhz) > R26 (+10 mhz)
- EtherRegen (+10 mhz) > R26 (+10 mhz)

Most of the time, there was no audible difference between the clocks. It was impossible to hear a difference on instrumental tracks or on male voices.
Only on some tracks with female voices, I could hear a very small difference of timbre on the voice of the singer, and the sound of the OCK-2 was very slightly smoother.
But I could not hear a difference on other tracks with female voices.

To confirm my conclusions, I submitted Mrs. Dandoudou to a blind test. It was an A/B comparison between the clocks, with 5 tracks of different female singers.
She said that the sound of the two clocks was the same. On two tracks, she preferred the OCK-2 and said the voice of the singer was slightly smoother. On one track, she said that the sound with the OCK-1 was better.

Yesterday, @roberto2 and me compared the clocks on his system that is as following :
- EtherRegen (+10 mhz) > SoTM streamer > Di-20 HE (+10 mhz) > Terminator Plus

We played a few tracks, and could not notice a difference in sound between the clocks.

Following these experiences, I can say that OCK-1 owners have no reason to upgrade to OCK-2, unless they need more outputs.
Hi @Dandoudou

I think You should be a bit more careful with announcing general verdicts.

The result is very dependent of amping-speakers. In my case I have a very revealing rig with neutral amping and ESL speakers+dipole basses and there is absolutely a more than noticeable difference between OCK-1 and the OCK-2 and with the Mutec REF10 SE120. The OCK-2 has a more refined and better balanced impact on the sound in the full freq. registre and layering than the OCK-1. It is nearer the sophistcation of the Mutec than to the OCK-1, so there is a clear difference... In my rig.

I know a few more people with very responsive rigs that alsoget "my" results with different levels of master clocks.

If You are pleased with the OCK-1 in Your context/setup, please enjoy.

I think You should be more helpful telling others what other gears You use so forum members and others can get an idea of the situation and gear used with that result.

/Jan

Dec 31, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #455 of 3,375
It is a Denafrips Terminator, not the Plus! 😎
The OG T1 is the best of all the Terminators. Period. Especially if you have a capable DDC (Like the DI20HE) and a decent Clock. I heard a T1 setup with DI20HE and a AfterDark Geismann Emperor; haven't heard anything as close to analogue.
I really hate the fact that they went into a different direction with the T2 and Plus in terms of the tuning. The OG T1 was sooo damn good (maybe a bit soft but very engaging and relaxing nonetheless).

The result is very dependent of amping-speakers.
+1. Results are quite dependant on the setup. Esp when things are quite close spec wise.
I'll really like to hear these two side by side as well. Alvin did say that the OCK-2 has a better crystal.

Dec 31, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #456 of 3,375
Guys Im sorry Im spamming this thread but I saw the alixpress prices for OCK2

Can they be trusted?

Its literally half price for me, because they ALSO compensate for EU customers.

Dec 31, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #458 of 3,375
Dec 31, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #459 of 3,375
Dec 31, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #460 of 3,375
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #461 of 3,375
Hi @Dandoudou

I think You should be a bit more careful with announcing general verdicts.

The result is very dependent of amping-speakers. In my case I have a very revealing rig with neutral amping and ESL speakers+dipole basses and there is absolutely a more than noticeable difference between OCK-1 and the OCK-2 and with the Mutec REF10 SE120. The OCK-2 has a more refined and better balanced impact on the sound in the full freq. registre and layering than the OCK-1. It is nearer the sophistcation of the Mutec than to the OCK-1, so there is a clear difference... In my rig.

I know a few more people with very responsive rigs that alsoget "my" results with different levels of master clocks.

If You are pleased with the OCK-1 in Your context/setup, please enjoy.

I think You should be more helpful telling others what other gears You use so forum members and others can get an idea of the situation and gear used with that result.

/Jan

I was only reporting about my own experience on my system and @roberto2 's system.

The remaining gear that I use appears on my signature.
I use an Audio-GD Master 19 preamp, Dual monobloc power amps Nuprime STA-9, Lessloss Firewall for the speakers, Dyanaudio Special Forty speakers.

I don't remember the references of the amps and speakers of @roberto2 . He can give you this information.

For the tests, we used a Gustard C2 cable, a LMR400 50 ohms, a Beatechenik 50 ohms.

Dec 31, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #462 of 3,375
Unconnected and uncapped?
I do not think a capped BNC output will cause any harm. Hole or no hole. At the clock signal levels ,the BNC port is not an antenna broadcasting to the world. If it were true generally all companies would require termination/ shielding to pass RF emissions tests for their products.

Like anything listening tests could prove me wrong. I'm going to leave the spare BNC ports unconnected until someone claims benefits.

75 ohm vs 50 ohm impedance difference has me interested though. Could be a worthwhile test and eval.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #463 of 3,375
Wrong about what?

Europe seller costs 1099euro
Why would you buy from the Europe seller? Alvin of Beatechnik is a great person to deal with. You can pay it with Wise instead of PayPal and have better change $>€ and you have a nice seller that is always ready to help you if you have a problem. He is the worldwide reseller of Denafrips products too with Vinshine Audio site.
Then if you want to pay less you can try Ali but not sure about the warranty if you have a problem...

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #464 of 3,375
Why would you buy from the Europe seller? Alvin of Beatechnik is a great person to deal with. You can pay it with Wise instead of PayPal and have better change $>€ and you have a nice seller that is always ready to help you if you have a problem. He is the worldwide reseller of Denafrips products too with Vinshine Audio site.
Then if you want to pay less you can try Ali but not sure about the warranty if you have a problem...
Completely agreed.
Alvin is a serious audio seller, and he is very helpful and professional.
There's also a very competent lady there that takes care of the logistics. Within less than a week, I received at home the customized OCK-1 that I ordered.

Dec 31, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #465 of 3,375
Ok guys sorry. Happy New Year….πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³

Thanks for the recommendationπŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

Users who are viewing this thread

Back