Matrix Audio Element Series Thread
Aug 30, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #166 of 214
Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok. I have a question relating to the element x volume settings. sometimes use the matrix element x in my 2 channel system plugged directly into a Pass Labs stereo amplifier. I realize that my question may be a little off topic for headphones, but I'm hoping for guidance. I would be using the element x as the pre-amp and volume control. (The Pass Labs amplifier does not have a volume control.) I'm not clear as to which pre-amp setting to use on the element x. The element x settings are 0dB Fixed (I think for use only if an external pre amp is used), fixed 0dB ADJ, and 10 dB ADJ (+10dB gain, attenuation adjustable). Thanks for your help.
you need to check the manual of the matrix and see what the max vout of the connector you will be using to connect to the pass (either xlr or rca) and then check the input sensitivity of the pass and insure the matrix can drive them. You will need to change the element to variable out, not fixed

Sep 25, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #171 of 214
My Element M has recently developed an annoying issue.
The wifi signal will suddenly disconnect and leaves the display screen frozen at the last sample rate.
It will only find the signal after I unplug the DAC (which I have to do multiple times a day at random)

I contacted Matrix and they suggested I put it in system recovery mode. Ive done this twice and it still happens albeit hours later.
I would connect to directly to the LAN but my router is downstairs plus it would defeat the wireless system Im after.

Waiting on further support from Matrix but Im not sure if some things get lost in translation. Hopefully its an easy fix or just buggy firmware.

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #175 of 214
Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok. I have a question relating to the element x volume settings. sometimes use the matrix element x in my 2 channel system plugged directly into a Pass Labs stereo amplifier. I realize that my question may be a little off topic for headphones, but I'm hoping for guidance. I would be using the element x as the pre-amp and volume control. (The Pass Labs amplifier does not have a volume control.) I'm not clear as to which pre-amp setting to use on the element x. The element x settings are 0dB Fixed (I think for use only if an external pre amp is used), fixed 0dB ADJ, and 10 dB ADJ (+10dB gain, attenuation adjustable). Thanks for your help.
Made this mistake of changing it to 0db fixed lol. They should probably put in a warning on that setting. I didn't understand it at the time when I was playing around with the app.....that'll wake you up lol

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #176 of 214
hi, I wonder if anyone has a matrix element x and hedd headphone and what is the synergy is the amplifier strong enough for hedd? I really don’t want to buy something that doesn’t go together, thanks for the reply

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #178 of 214
I’m assuming you have one of the two currently?
I don't have any of them but I'm building a system and I'll have it soon, I think I'll skip Hedd and take Hifiman He1000SE, better deal can anyone say something about the synergy between matrix element X and He1000SE I would be very happy because I didn't find anywhere this combination.
tnx

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #179 of 214
I don't have any of them but I'm building a system and I'll have it soon, I think I'll skip Hedd and take Hifiman He1000SE, better deal can anyone say something about the synergy between matrix element X and He1000SE I would be very happy because I didn't find anywhere this combination.
tnx
Unfortunately I can’t say about the synergy between those, but let me know if you’re interested in an element x. I have one for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back