Matrix audio products
Jul 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LFG530

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, 

Here's my first post on this forum, I just ordered a pair of hd 650 and I know they need good amping to reach their potential and I also know I'm a poor student (sorry that most be such a cliché on that forum :p), I previously had some pretty basic headphones and I have a PA2V2 wich will certainly not drive them even close to half their potential... So I was looking at Matrix products to start off and I want to know what you guys think off the I-Mini as a DAC and an amp and the M-Stage. (did someone buy directly from them, are they reliable? http://www.matrixelectronics.net/) 

I'm thinking about starting with the i-Mini since I think a DAC will be more important and it has a small amp, and then I'd be experimenting and saving up for the amp M-Stage or maybe better...

So I want to make sure I'm going the right (or at least a good one) way with these choices (for this price). Or do you guys think of anything that would clearly be better for me?

Thanks. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Solid-state amps aside, an OTL Tube amp is good for driving high-impedance headphones like yours. 
Check out the Bottle Head Crack thread in this subforum.

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Solid-state amps aside, an OTL Tube amp is good for driving high-impedance headphones like yours. 
Check out the Bottle Head Crack thread in this subforum.

I feel I'm not going to make friends, but I want to stay far from tubes, first because I know I'm going too love 'em too much (love the "old" feeling) and second, well because I'll always feel the need to upgrade the tubes and It'll take all my money away (I know I should just stay away from this forum if that is a concern - _ - ).

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Alright cool, solid state is fine too. The matrix m-stage looks like a nice amp from here, with amazing craftsmanship to boot. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back