Matrix M-Stage or Heed CanAmp?
Jun 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jonasklam

500+ Head-Fier
Ok! So this is pretty simple (or maybe not?) but I need help to decide.

I'm torn between the m-stage and the heed - I have a pair of k701 cans and I use them for both listining to music and music production. Soo, being able to hear every single sound and detail has highest priority!

Price is not a factor - which one do you suggest? heed or m-stage? :)

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
Ok! So this is pretty simple (or maybe not?) but I need help to decide.

I'm torn between the m-stage and the heed - I have a pair of k701 cans and I use them for both listining to music and music production. Soo, being able to hear every single sound and detail has highest priority!

Price is not a factor - which one do you suggest? heed or m-stage? :)

I have the Matrix M Stage and it brought my 701 to another level. It is driving my T1 and D7000 without any hitch and is great however they just went with a new trnasformer in the mk11 so I dont know if it is any better. Pick up a used M Stage and you will be a happy camper. The Burson is also getting some nice press

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 9
The M-Stage does look promising, and the Burson HA160 has definitely proven itself.

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 9
Just out of curiosity, wont you get 2 Matrix M-Stage amps for the price of one Burnson HA160 amp ?

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, wont you get 2 Matrix M-Stage amps for the price of one Burnson HA160 amp ?

yup you would, or you could get 1 and save the rest and use it for something else :)

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 9

I am leaning towards the m-stage 'cus it sure does get a lot of praise around here - especially when pairing it with the k70x, and it does have a fairly competitive price tag :)

@Frank I you say that you have the m-stage and k701 and like it, have you heard some of the other amps as well?

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
The M-Stage does look promising, and the Burson HA160 has definitely proven itself.

pfft..it's proven. nah jk. just wanted to let you know how much i love ya display pic :)

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
pfft..it's proven. nah jk. just wanted to let you know how much i love ya display pic :)

biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 9
I looked at the Heed can amp when looking for an amp for my 702's.

Luckily user Frank I on here directed me toward the cheaper and better sounding Matrix.
k701smile.gif

Ok, I've never heard the Heed, but all impressions are that it is warm and colored, which will make your 701/02's the same to some extent. And that it also doesn't work well with other cans because of this.

So if you want that, the Heed is good, if you like the sound of the 701's as they are and don't want to add "warmth" to them and want to be able to use more than one can with your amp, go with the neutral Matrix.

I also have some Grado 225i's and they sound better with the Matrix than with my EF-1 amp which supposedly pairs well with the 225i's. Well, it does in a way, it's a good amp, but it has rolled off highs instead of just non fatiguing ones like the Matrix. And it's not as fast or powerful either, even with the easy to drive 225i's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back