Matryoshka Headphones Level X3
May 2, 2016 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DaddyMojo

100+ Head-Fier
I do not normally post many new items I see, but I did find this one very interesting.  It is the Matryoshka Headphones Level X3, which is coming to Kickstarter and looks to be a combination of IEM, Headphone and Speaker, all rolled into one. 

While I like the ingenuity, I am thinking that everything is driven from the IEM. 

Once you inset the iem into the headphone, you can use it as a headphone.  Then once you insert the iem/headphone into the speaker stand, it becomes a speaker.

To me, this is a fascinating concept, especially if the sound was outstanding (or even decent) because you could technically use different applications throughout the day, instead of having to switch devices (like I do now).  For the morning and evening commute, you can use the iem, then when you get to work, you can plug in your headphones, same at night when you get to your home computer.  Then, when you are streaming video or want to play music when you are cooking dinner or with friends, you can use the speaker application.

I am not an electrical engineer, but if there is a way to electronically connect the three (instead of the iem playing and being magnified by each connection) it would be something new and unique.  Here is the URL if your interest is peaked:

http://www.yankodesign.com/2016/04/28/matroska-headphones/

Like I said, it may not be for everyone but you have to applaud the imagination of the designers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back